Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Before I knew there was a plastic insert that converted the shifter to fit the knob, I would twist it all wrong, and now the plastic insert is like broken and stripped and what not. Does anybody know where to find one and exactly what size I should order? Also does anybody have any idea on where to get Momo shift knobs for cheap?

·
Former '05er
12,590 Posts
I've never seen the insert for sale. They always seem to make you buy a new shifter knob. I made the same $100 mistake on my Supra years ago.

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
Pham, are you talking about a 5-speed or an auto with an OBX knob fitted on it?

·
Registered
6,498 Posts
I'm pretty sure he's talking about the plastic spacer, to add the knob onto an auto -- which is the same piece that I was looking for when I got my OBX knob. Is that right, phammerz?

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I drive a 5spd manual, and i got the classic OBX shift knob that has the plastic insert, spacer betweent he knob and the stick, and its stripped up and also like cracking maybe
so hopefully somebody knows where ic an get one

·
Premium Member
16,847 Posts
Would you people stop posting in this thread?!?! Everytime I read it I can't help but resort to middle school mind and start laughing.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Originally posted by Plissken@Mar 28 2005, 08:48 PM
^^^ Didn't notice my joke. Btw, i have to read every post on this. Its just my thing.
haha... actually i get it now... sorry for barking a bit... i realize now, i'm retarded. Well i guess its better i figure that out now than later on in life. So... why is this even a thread???

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hi, i would love to take you up on ur offer, if you cant picutre what part im talking about unscrew your shift knob, if theres a white plastic thing on the stick part thats what im talking about, if its just metal look into the shift knob and you should see the white thing, it just boggles my mind why they would use plasitc, i never knew that at the beginning and now my plastic insert is completely broken =), im resorting to stuffing paper in to make it jiggle less =)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.