Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
heh!

we used to explore all over the base. barracks, hospital, even the bomb shelters way in the back! i'm sure you know what i'm talking about.

now most of it has been torn down and paved through, but alot of buildings are still for sale or being used. they put in a nice park, and it looks like there's some development to turn the main portion of it into a little shopping/metro area. they've got a warthog and something else i'm not familiar with on display at the entrance now.

i was just a little kid when everyone was flying the 354th banners around town

/end rant!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Originally posted by cad455@Jan 25 2005, 03:25 PM
heh!

we used to explore all over the base. barracks, hospital, even the bomb shelters way in the back! i'm sure you know what i'm talking about.

now most of it has been torn down and paved through, but alot of buildings are still for sale or being used. they put in a nice park, and it looks like there's some development to turn the main portion of it into a little shopping/metro area. they've got a warthog and something else i'm not familiar with on display at the entrance now.

i was just a little kid when everyone was flying the 354th banners around town

/end rant!
Yeah, they sold the base back to the city. Sorry for all the retirees down there, I guess they have to go up to Seymour Johnson or Shaw to take advantage of their benefits. They couldn't close Minot, no!

The beach in front of the boardwalk used to be about a hundred and fifty feet to the water, "The Grand Strand". The winter time town population, not including the base was 326. The three mile stretch from town to the Main Gate was mostly woods with the exception of the T&C Motor Court, Gaddey's Supper Club on the Left about halfway down and Berry's Resturant on the right. Most of us young Airmen lived on the base and the old married guys lived in Surfside. btw, Surfside was the home of Mickey Spillane, the writer.

Enjoy the warm weather, and drive safe!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I wish I had water that color down here in Beaufort.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.