Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a power acustic stereo I wired up today in my 2013 TC I also wired up 2 10s and 2500 watt amp. This stereo have a 12v accessory wire that I usually run to to radio fuse so the stereo has power when the car is running. Well I ran the remote wire for the amp along with the stereo accessory wire to the radio fuse and I noticed the amp had constant power but the radio would not come on with the car off which confused me so I pulled the add a fuse wire and moved it the the factory amp fuse because surely the power shouldn't be constant on the amp fuse... Same thing.... So then I moved it back and now I have power to neither the deck or the amp. I'm guessing I blew the fuse on their stereo. Any suggestions why I had constant power to my amp while the car was off?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also I should add this the stereo has a constant 12v power wire that I ran to another wire on the harness along with the memory plus the 12v DC accessory wire. I ran the remote wire to the accessory wire and then I ran a single wire to the radio fuse. Do you think the amp had constant power because the accessory wire was connected to the remote wire then ran to the fuse? I should probably run the stereos accessory wire to the radio fuse then the remote wire to amp fuse.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for this information
So this is what I did to fix my issue I ran my amp remote wire to the accessory fuse on the inside of the car and used a add a fuse wire in that location and added 2 fuses in the add a fuse wire this runs my system. Then I ran another add a fuse to the fuse box under the hood I used the radio fuse. I ran that wire through the fire wall and then that controls my stereo power. It will get a constant power to hold memory but it will not work with the car powered off. Hope this helps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts