Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to sell my Toyota Echo for a Scion tC. I want to move my Alpine 9835 stereo from my Echo to the tC. I looked for a tC aftermarket kit that will adapt my stereo to the opening in the tC but cannot find one. Has anyone changed their stereo yet? I have too much investment in my current stereo to give it up.

Also since the Scion stereo will fit in an Echo will the kit I already have work?

Someone please let me know.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Ummgood,

I got my CDA 9815 installed by a proffesional installer and they had to build me a custom kit for fitting. However, I was told by the installer that a kit should be available sometime next month. I should be able to get pics up later today if you want to see. Just haven't had time as of yet to post any pics.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Apparently after talking to some of the echo guys the stereo from the scion is a direct bolt in for the echo. Now they probably used a xA or xB stereo but I am hoping it is the same template for the tC. If it is my kit and everything for my Alpine should just migrate over. I just have to run a new amp wiring kit. I figured you guys would want to know if you wanted to add an aftermarket stereo just use the kit for the Echo. The only thing I don't know is if the door will close with a big faceplate on there.

Thanks

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I saw a kit on eBay yesterday for putting a standard-size head unit in a tC.

·
Registered
13 Posts
So if what you are saying is true UmmGooD, I could go to BestBuy and ask for the installation kit for a Toyota Echo (what year?) and us it to install my Pioneer DEH-P7700M?

As that would be awesome!

-Michael

1 - 6 of 6 Posts