Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting a alpine reciever and i saw a pic of someones on scionlife.com (sorry) and they said the door wouldnt close. I plan on installing my entire setup stealth, amp behind the panels, and I really want the door to close over the head unit so i wouldnt have to carry it around with me everywhere i go, so it will look stock. The pic has the reciever on top with a little pocket on the bottom right under it, does anyone know if i can install the thing upsidedown to have the reciever on the bottom and pocket on top?

Since the apline recivers have longish volume knobs i really hope i can install it on the bottom. Anyone have any pics of aftermarket recievers with the door closed?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alpine CDA-9851 sorry i forgot about that. Or even this one Alpine CDA-9833

·
Registered
542 Posts
not the most relevant, but i put in a sony single din head unit in my dash. I got a tc specific mounting kit from crutchfield.com and my radio door not only still closes, but it actually opens the first time i try now! With the single din in there, the door can be pushed in at the bottom a little farther than with the stock radio and the door works perfectly

·
Registered
730 Posts
Originally posted by Labfish@Feb 17 2005, 07:26 PM
Waiting for the all-knowing Alpman....
I don't know this one!!! I built my own kit because I'm using a 9833 and 5210 DVD in a double DIN application (no double DIN kit available). I also had to recess the radio back a full inch in the dash in order to get my monitor which is custom flush mounted in the factory radio door to close. When I had my IVA-D300 installed, I used a xA/xB kit mounted upside down w/ the pocke on top, so I'm sure it's possible w/ the tC kit as well. But I don't know about the door closing...anyone???

·
Registered
675 Posts
talk with crutchfield.com i saw the kit they have for the tC.. it has the ability for you to move the radio back so the scion radio door will close all the way..

looks like the kit works great..

·
Registered
453 Posts
alpman is right, i just ordered this piece, i spoke with a rep from crutchfield, and although they dont have an installation guide to provie you for the install they did say that their kit will allow u to position the deck allowing the door to close...it was 19.99 or 24.99 not too bad for somehting that you know will work

·
Registered
453 Posts

this is a pic of my alpine in the housing i explained....i just got it from crutchfield yesterday, and b/c i have nothing better to do i already set it up...and as u can see i was able to push it back to appear flush with the dash....and if i wanted i can actually push it back further.....maybe this helps in ur deciding...i love how it looks so mucha better than my old protruding setup

·
Registered
116 Posts
I had a custom setup built for my alpine deck as none of the kits had come out when I got it installed in my car. The key is installing it flush not with that black plastic piece that comes with all alpine decks. If you remove that piece and use the same setup as soundguy you should be cool

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.