Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
currently i've got a sony aftermarket installed with a sirius plugandplay tuner running through an fm transmitter(i have static on my sat. radio!
) and i recently purchased a creative zen mp3 player. i'd like to have a direct hook up capability for both of these. what would be the best way to accomplish this? i'm already looking into a new head unit somewhere in the future. probably alpine.

on a side note, is there a difference between regular and reverse mounting a subwoofer besides showing of the magnet?

·
Registered
87 Posts
currently i've got a sony aftermarket installed with a sirius plugandplay tuner running through an fm transmitter(i have static on my sat. radio! mad.gif ) and i recently purchased a creative zen mp3 player. i'd like to have a direct hook up capability for both of these. what would be the best way to accomplish this? i'm already looking into a new head unit somewhere in the future. probably alpine.[/b]
You could get an aftermarket deck with a Audio output jack, but it won't look the best
...(I've heard wireless connectors and they ain't an exact science yet - unless listening to static is fun for you). Other than that there's tinkering with it and making your own output jack somewhere

on a side note, is there a difference between regular and reverse mounting a subwoofer besides showing of the magnet?[/b]
Subwoofers have specific enclosure types according to the specific speaker. Which ever kind you get make sure it follows those specs otherwise its a waste of time and $$$$.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
when a radio says it's "ipod ready" does that specifically mean ipod? or do they say ipod because its the most well known brand of mp3 player?

·
Registered
6 Posts
i could get you an aux input that would plug into da back of your scion radio and then you would hook up ure mp4 player and jus have it sit in your glove box or cup holder. it would have two auz imputs so you could keep your sirius plug and play as well...i can get it for u at a discount cuz i work at circuit city...or you could go and pay full price haha its up to you....

email: [email protected]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.