Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if I remove the stock head-unit, will the cover over the head-unit go as well? I know this sounds stupid, but I don't care for the cover if I'm going to have the stock head-unit. However, it would be nice to cover my aftermarket head-unit when I park some place.

Thanks...

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hey man,
To answer your question the movable cover can be used after you install an aftermarket head unit. You will need to get some either a metra mounting harness kit or the one from crutchfield. Ive heard that the metra harness isnt that great and you have to do some extra cutting and drilling to get the after market head unti far enought back so that you can close the cover. However, i have heard nothing but good about the crutchfield harness, the fact that you dont have to do any extra modifications might justify the few extra bucks. Also if you order from crutchfield you get the wireharness and mounting harness for free and free shipping. I you use this code (PA166) you can get $20 off as well making it a great deal even if you price some units on ebay.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.