Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen a few threads from yesteryear and couldn't much find any answers. So what all brake pads are there available for the tC that will create the least brake dust? This is best to keep in mind for those with alloy wheels. Any help?

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Hmm. Least brake dust? I'd say stock. My wheels stay clean and shiny for months...

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
I've been trying to find out if Hawk makes an HPS pad for the Scion. The HPS has excellent initial bite, extremely low dust, and is very rotor friendly. I have them on my Supra after the OEM pads wore out the rotors before the pads were even half gone. They really deliver everything Hawk claimed.

No, I don't work for Hawk, I just was very impressed with their product.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I was going to say that I was impressed also with Hawk but I used the AEM performance break pads instead...They are low dusting and they seemed to have a nice bite, but I agree not as good as hawk though.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I have a little over 12000 miles on my tC and I've noticed that my breaks have started to squeak a bit.

1. Does this mean that I need to replace my pads?
2. How often should pads be changed in normal driving conditions?
3. Would I have to change all of my break pads or just the front (which are the ones sqeaking a bit)
4. What type pads would you recommend based on previous experience with aftermarket pads?
5. Am I dead sexy?

I found the HAWK HPS pads for the tC on tirerack.com, but they're only front pads and are a bit pricey. Please gimme your suggestions.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Would it be OK to have composite on the front and ceramic on the back? If you were to combine Hawk with Satisfied to complete the set in the above link. Does Hawk make breaks for the rear?

·
Registered
843 Posts
Originally posted by whosthatrussian@Apr 18 2005, 08:57 AM
I have a little over 12000 miles on my tC and I've noticed that my breaks have started to squeak a bit.

1. Does this mean that I need to replace my pads?
2. How often should pads be changed in normal driving conditions?
3. Would I have to change all of my break pads or just the front (which are the ones sqeaking a bit)
4. What type pads would you recommend based on previous experience with aftermarket pads?
5. Am I dead sexy?

I found the HAWK HPS pads for the tC on tirerack.com, but they're only front pads and are a bit pricey. Please gimme your suggestions.
How about the TRD pads? They're not pricey!

Ken

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.