Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Looks like that eBay grill blocks an aweful lot of airflow. Wonder if you'll end up overheating in the summer??? At any rate, it can't be good. Besides, I think that grill is fugly!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
very good point. Onerheating is a problem on most small engines n e ways. As a matter of fact any engine below 3.4 liters in size either it is a V-6 or I-4 they are bound to go well above the halfway marker on the temp guage.
So then it might be best to get the grille from trdsparks.com. It doesn't look too bad. I kinda sorta like it. There is alot more space for air to flow through. Only if ken were here to drop the price a bit.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have the one from sparks. I will try to take some pics this weekend. I think it looks great on my IIP - it really sets off the front.

·
Registered
223 Posts
It looks ok...

I'd kinda like to see one that looks like the ones for trucks. The bar ones with polished edges. I'd buy one of those for a bill. But the "laser cut" ones look a little cheesey.

late

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Originally posted by wai_ki_ki@Feb 3 2005, 10:41 AM
very good point. Onerheating is a problem on most small engines n e ways. As a matter of fact any engine below 3.4 liters in size either it is a V-6 or I-4 they are bound to go well above the halfway marker on the temp guage.
Where did you come up with this? It's pure BS. Smaller engines have no cooling issues that big engines don't have. You've been watching to much TV and the liars at Castrol's marketing department have affected your brain. Turn off the TV. Think for yourself.

Also, the needle postion on the gauge has little to do with the actual temperature. The only thing that matters is where it normally sits compared to where it is sitting now.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Nah, I don't like it! I wanna see some billet al.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Billet Grille surfing on Google I found a company Beaverton Scion (Beaverton Oregon) is using.... Precision Grilles.

http://www.precisiongrilles.com/index.php

I'd like to see some pics installed on a tC though. I like the looks of the ones installed on the XA and Xb on the Beaverton Scion site though.

http://beavertonscion.com/BilletGrilles.aspx

I'll e-mail Beaverton Scion and see if they have any pics of a tC with a precision billet grille install

Thanks,

K.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I have a Black Sand Pearl and i wouldn't get the one from trdspark's only becuase chrome would be such an offset to the Black. Plus I have gunmetal rims w/ chrome lip. I want to make my car Black but i don't think that chrome grill will do it for me... thus i think i will get the billet grill

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.