Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I have seen alot of posts on area specific questions on installing aftermarket and system. I was wondering if anyone had just a base 411 on the topic. Like how to get the factory unit out, best way to lay cable and such. Normally I just dive in and figure it out but i am over protective of the tC =) I have had this baby for 6 days and put about 600 miles on it!!!!!! ITs soooooo great!

Your fellow tC'er

·
Registered
131 Posts
The install is actually really easy. I just did it last night. You have to have strong nails or a good hand because all the dash peices just snap on. First pull up the piece around the shifter. once thats up pull out on the main center piece but you have to have the radio door shut. once thats off you can diconnect all wiring. the radio is held in by two screws and two nuts. remove them and the radio and the bracket will come right out. I dont know about anyone else but I used a kit from Metra with all the brackets for a single DIN radio. It works great just remember to keep the radio door shut while putting the center peice back in or it will hit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.