Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so im tryin to get a intake for my 05 tC. but im not sure if I want a short ram or a full cold air. Im not even sure if I want a AEM or an Injen but its one of those two either way. Only thing I have done right not is the TRD exhaust which sounds nice I love it. Need your opinion everyone please. Thank You

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really I thought I saw them out already

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So pretty much I should go with the Injen. But still not sure if I wana go short ram or full cold air

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Well, my old tried and true method of 'Which looks cooler' would probably help you there. An aftermarket intake does relatively....nothing for you outside of sound and spicing things up under the hood. But it's a mild spicy. A taco bell mild spicy.

I'm regretting going aftermarket on the intake instead of using the money for better tires. Live and learn I guess.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
very well said

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
you can switch between short ram and cool air wiht the injen anyway. So you have no problem. Just install short ram first, see how u liek it. Then put the fullpiece on. see which one u liek better. Problem solved!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yea thats another reason why im going to get the Injen, just cause you can switch from short to full

·
Registered
895 Posts
Injen!

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Originally posted by zoltiz+Jan 12 2006, 06:08 PM-->QUOTE (zoltiz @ Jan 12 2006, 06:08 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-FLaVaZ
@Jan 12 2006, 06:03 PM
They do make the AEM
Link? [/b]
no doubt, because even AEM's website lists only the xB. if this thing exists, where is it?

·
Registered
868 Posts
Noob Question Time:

Okay, after having read so many threads with people throwing around words like "short ram" and "full intake", and "full cold air", can someone PLEASE explain the differences to me? I'd really really like a breakdown of what each is! I feel so retarded when I read these threads. I mean, I think I know what you guys are talking about, but to know for sure would be great!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ok the results are in and i decided to go with the Injen, I picked it up thursay and it went right in. Im using it as a short ram right now, when it gets nicer out ill make it full. IT was so tight to get the cone on. anyway here are some pic for ya

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The thing is a monster when ur gettin it between 4 and 5 grand

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.