Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what up people. i spoke with scion dealers and they say any other aftermarket intakes will void the warrenty on my car other than the aem. so i dont think its worthit to void the warrenty. does any body know what website to buy from for the aem intake. cuz the dealer price is a ripoff. thank u this forum kicks ass

·
BOOST its what I do!
6,604 Posts
From what i was told at the dealer is that if something goes wrong with the car and it has to do directly with the fact that the Intake caused it then yes it voids that part. But it will not void it if something goes wrong with the car that has nothing to do at all with the intake.

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Originally posted by tc-crook@Aug 9 2005, 09:35 PM
trdsparks doesnt have the aem intake
Nobody does. It is vaporware, like Duke Nukem Forever.

·
Registered
515 Posts
This is straight off the K&N Website:

Contrary to what you may have heard or read, in the USA, a K&N Filtercharger will not void your vehicle warranty. The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, passed in 1975, prohibits a manufacturer from conditioning its warranty of a consumer product upon the consumer using any article or service (other than one provided without charge under the warranty) which is identified by brand, trade or corporate name, unless expressly authorized by the Federal Trade Commission. If the manufacturer does not provide air filters free of charge, they cannot void the vehicle's warranty simply because you have installed an aftermarket air filter.

Letter from K&N Regarding Vehicle Warranty and K&N Replacement Filters[/b]

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Originally posted by tc-crook@Aug 10 2005, 09:36 PM
intakes are okay to be installed in an automatic right???????
Yes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.