Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sorry to disapoint, they do advertice the air intake but they dont have it. I live in Puerto Rico and there are no available intakes in any of the dealers ive visited. i spoke to my dealer about it and they said that the page needed to be updated, blah blah blah, In my experience, things arrive here after u get it there, since there are only so many scion dealers here. Plus in Puerto Rico everything is more expencive, think of it as paying US taxes plus puertorican taxes plus inport charges using US merchant marines the most expencive ones at that, then paying export. So importing from puertorican dealers should be really expencive, and btw my scion cost me 21,090 dollars with the spioler and has a 20,775 base price so i should say You guys are plenty lucky

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
and, to add to any disappointment, the AEM intakes have been discontinued from the scion dealers, as AEM is listing CARB problems. lets give a big round of applause to all the members of the air review board here in cali. but, i would imagine that you can still get them from AEM. but, toyota doesnt sell anything that is 50 state compliant. sorry bout it, guys.

·
Registered
508 Posts
i found out about the aem recall from the dealer a couple weeks after it happened. figures i was about to order it but you know how that is. well i called aem to find out if it was just something that toyota wanted or if it was an all around recall. when i asked them they told me it was bc of the emissions but i asked if it would be possible if someone else might still have some for sale. they told me that you cant get it anywhere else but the dealership. i dont know if they said that bc they have a contract with scion or if they are really only supplying them to scion dealerships. either way i dont care now bc i already bought and installed the injen intake and i love it.

·
Registered
508 Posts
i found out about the aem recall from the dealer a couple weeks after it happened. figures i was about to order it but you know how that is. well i called aem to find out if it was just something that toyota wanted or if it was an all around recall. when i asked them they told me it was bc of the emissions but i asked if it would be possible if someone else might still have some for sale. they told me that you cant get it anywhere else but the dealership. i dont know if they said that bc they have a contract with scion or if they are really only supplying them to scion dealerships. either way i dont care now bc i already bought and installed the injen intake and i love it.

·
BOOST its what I do!
6,604 Posts
Originally posted by HaTeOnThYs05@Sep 1 2005, 08:56 AM
doesnt the AEM intake come with the SC?
NO it doesnt. the SC comes with what looks like a stock air box. besides that SC looks and sounds like crap for the amount of money that you are goin to pay for a rebaged SC that will only give you 210 HP in the end No way will i buy that i am oin with the ZPI turbo kit F TRD that sc isnt wort 3 grand now way in hell. my opinion if you have other INFO then let me know but from what i have seen and read about it not worth it at all.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Originally posted by bluesciontc+Sep 2 2005, 11:07 PM-->QUOTE (bluesciontc @ Sep 2 2005, 11:07 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-HaTeOnThYs05
@Sep 1 2005, 08:56 AM
doesnt the AEM intake come with the SC?
NO it doesnt. the SC comes with what looks like a stock air box. besides that SC looks and sounds like crap for the amount of money that you are goin to pay for a rebaged SC that will only give you 210 HP in the end No way will i buy that i am oin with the ZPI turbo kit F TRD that sc isnt wort 3 grand now way in hell. my opinion if you have other INFO then let me know but from what i have seen and read about it not worth it at all. [/b]
throw in a comma and/or period once in a while, bro.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
awcumonmanudunneedeneoftahtstuffwenowuthemeenzdunwe

·
Registered
42 Posts
i submitted my car as an r&d vehicle for aem and they said that there is going to be a delayed release for the intake. they said their intake is missing something from the original. i forgot what it was, something about hydrocarbons.

anyway, here's the pic of the intake.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.