Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, here's some pics of my ride with the Injen CAI and the Hotchkis Springs:

]

So close...

Before and After pics of the Hotchkis springs

Before

After

]
Before-Front

After-Front

Before-Rear

After- Rear

And my new plate:

There's more pics on my cardomain site and I also posted up 2 vids in the vid gallery here, check them out, my billet grill comes in next week i will post pics when i get them put in.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1261557/2

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
looks really nice. i have a similar pic of mine entering my driveway after the goldline install. looks pretty much exactly like mine did - super close to scraping, but not quite. i like it. how far down do the hotchkis put it?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah the drop is pretty noticable, esp when I got into my car, i fell into my seat... but as far as scraping, its never happened yet, knock on wood, and I don't really drive much differently except for speed bumps which i slow down for alot, and driveways, i always avoid potholes and bumps in the road anyways. The drive still feels really comfortable, just a little more "pronounced." Handling is way better to me, barely any body roll, i love em. And the vids are just the trd exhaust and the injen intake, nothing else, sounds alot meaner
I'd def recommend the hotchkis springs for anyone that wants a lower drop than the trd but still wants it to feel comfortable.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks, my new grill comes in any day now, i'll post pics soon cause i'm not sure what emblem to put on it

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Sweet ride. Any idea how the Injen intake would sound with the standard exhaust? I really wanna make my car a little louder with just the Injen intake, and no aftermarket exhaust. My only 2 worries though are popping out that cover on the front bumper to get the hose out for the CAI, and not being able to get it back on, and getting water through that opening and ruining my whole setup...

Also, I was kinda wondering what you thought of the overlays. I've heard mixed feedback as far as the install goes. Anyway, great-looking and sounding car, man.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well the Injen intake made the trd exhaust really growl... so I can imagine even with stock exhaust you'll get a more aggresive sound. I think it was zolitz that had a vid of a short ram intake with stock exhaust and it sounded mean. The hotchkis springs are 1.7 in the front and 1.97 in the back, it really evens out the car so its ass isn't up in the air. As far as warranty, I bought them from Ken at trdsparks and there's a 12 month warranty on them. But if you're worried about them voiding your factory warranty, it won't as long as the dealer cannot blame a problem on your aftermarket part. The overlays are awesome, the front ones are easy to install but the back ones are a pain in the ass... just use a hair dryer liberally.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I've already decided on the overlays...if BlueBat will friggin answer his Email or PMs. Anyway, thanks for the feedback, BLsurfer!

·
Registered
136 Posts
looks good. thats what i was playing to do. already got my injen and looking to get the springs.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.