Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, since I found out it will not be possible to make my tC like the Jotech tC, i want to start on a new venture. I have found this 1996 Acura Integra for $500. The only problem is that the engine failed and i will need to rebuild, or find a new one. So, i was wondering, since i want to keep my warranty on my tC, why not swap that engine out for something else. Does anyone know what can fit in an acura integra and give me the most power it can have?

this is it...

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
i duno much about fit ment
but u can get a S14 or S15 for like around 2k or so, correct me if im wrong

have fun moddin ur "new" integra
i think the first thing u should change to the JDM front, look sooooo much better

·
Registered
15,001 Posts
yeah jdm front conversions are nice, but your options depend on if you wanna go USDM or JDM?

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
http://forums.aspeedracing.com

Talk to the guys there, they are really knowledgable when it comes to Honda and Acura. It's a local car club forum, but they will be more than happy to assist you.

·
Registered
15,001 Posts
PM meif you want bro, ill give u plenty of info on the subject to get started

·
Registered
847 Posts
what engine is in it that is broken? that will give you a good idea as to if you need to also drop a new tranny in there... my guess is a b16 or possibly a b18

personally, id be torn with either putting a b18c5, h22a4 or k20 in there (a k20z3 would be nice, thats what the new si will have)

pm me if you need help/info, i know a lot about performance of hondas

·
Registered
202 Posts
Originally posted by HaTeOnThYs05@Oct 22 2005, 06:09 PM
im dropping in an B18c in there. thats good enough.
We have a winnAR!

Good motor that's easily sourced.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Originally posted by m1keaveli@Oct 29 2005, 11:18 AM
ls/vtec
I wouldn't bother unless it is completely out of the question to source a VTEC bottom end. LS's don't have the bottom end to take that high RPM abuse forever.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
just put the k20 in there if you want performance. i believe they have conversion kits available... dont quote me on that... i haven't followed honda since i crashed my hatchback... but i think i read somewhere that they can put k series engines in b series engine bays. once you got yourself a zippy engine you'll want to take the turns really fast... so then come the suspension mods...

·
Registered
202 Posts
Originally posted by hamster@Oct 30 2005, 01:57 AM
just put the k20 in there if you want performance. i believe they have conversion kits available... dont quote me on that... i haven't followed honda since i crashed my hatchback... but i think i read somewhere that they can put k series engines in b series engine bays. once you got yourself a zippy engine you'll want to take the turns really fast... so then come the suspension mods...
True, But the B18C is going to be a cheaper alternative and a bolt on affair.

·
Registered
847 Posts
plus the engine layout wont be a$$backwards... i.e. the headers will be in front on the b18c and give you lots of room for a turbo vs. k20 which the headers are right near the firewall..

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
ok I would drop an H22a in there and that thing would have 200hp then upgrade the sleeves and turbo it, maybe with some new pistons amd cams you can get that pushing 300hp easily...but if you want to keep the stock B15 or B16 then you can change out the internals and have that baby running in no time depending on what is really wrong

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.