Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so this would count as number 11 if you add up all the little accidents i've been in (bumper hits, etc.) here's how it happened.

i was coming out of walmart, going to the main street. i look left to make sure no cars are there so i can go.. remember it's around 4:00pm in vegas on a busy street. so when i get a chance to pull into the right lane, i go. i'm there for a few seconds when a red Trail blazer comes from my left, scratching my front left side bumper/headlight/fender/hood. she was behind a big truck and she wanted to get into a faster lane.. (my lane). however she didn't see me when she was changing lanes and scrapped me up.

here's the results: (took these when i got home later that night)

so i called the cops and about 15 long mins after, a bike came and cited ME. apparently because i'm young (18), and this middle aged woman was older and of course had the advantage, the cop believed her story. she basically said that i was coming out of walmart (wasn't in the lane), and didn't see her coming and we hit. HOWEVER if that happened, she'd probably hit the front bumper, not scratch the side. so i got penalized for hitting her, because she "had the right of way". and she got away with nothing. i didn't really care to see how much damage was done to her suv.. probably just minor scratches. but now my insurance gets to go up and i get to pay for her damage. what a ****.

here's some daylight pictures.

here's a before pic just for kicks:

waaaaaaa!

THEN my dad pointed this to me out a few minutes ago:

they're not marks, they're scratches. but that's nothing compared to the front.

hands down i have the worst luck with cars. i've gotten my bumper hit more times than i can count.. on the three cars i've had till now.. totalled my last car...and had my bumper hit on the TC 3 times now. so i think this is #12. people either hate me, or God is punishing me. AHAHa i'm gonna cry.

SAVE DRIVING KIDS! watch out for idiots.

·
Registered
243 Posts
um, im just gonna throw this out, but if you've been in 11 accidents, your probobly doing something wrong. remember, even if the other driver is an idiot, you always have to watch out, if some stupid drunk driver misses a stop light and kills you, it might be his fault, but you're dead. drive defensivlely and good luck paying your high insurance.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
another victim of the mighty tC eating trailblazer. i tell you, those things are programmed at the factory to zero in on the tC. still, at 11 or 12 accidents, i gotta use this analogy... someone once told me " the only thing all your failed relationships have in common is you." truer words were never spoken. the sentiment may apply here. at any rate, i wish you the best of luck in your future driving endeavors. and here's hoping you can get your tC back into its original shape soon.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Truly insightful advice D!

·
Registered
576 Posts
Originally posted by Shark_bite@Aug 11 2005, 08:30 PM
um, im just gonna throw this out, but if you've been in 11 accidents, your probobly doing something wrong. remember, even if the other driver is an idiot, you always have to watch out, if some stupid drunk driver misses a stop light and kills you, it might be his fault, but you're dead. drive defensivlely and good luck paying your high insurance.
Haha, "might be his fault, but your dead."

Lol.

Seriously though.

·
Registered
225 Posts
wow, im sorry this happened to you, mines in the shop, if you want to feel better take a look at how my tc looks like, its the topic called "crashed tc, drunken driver moron", the guy says is my fault so we took this to court, in the citation you can ask for a trial, this is your civic right, if you know you are right, take a video camera and take a video of the place, and show in court that it is not your fault, dont let the **** win, "fortune favors the bold" , be one, girl.

·
Registered
172 Posts
not that this'll make you feel any better... but my previous car was involved in three accidents... and all three times i wasn't even in the car. the best of the bunch was when the paper delivery lady hit it. she came to the door and rang the bell 'hi.. um, well... i sort of hit your car just now...' ... what to say to that?

i agree with the others though. you basically have to drive as though everyone else sucks at driving, because they probably do. ya just have to assume people won't check their blind spots (don't drive in them!), and basically assume people aren't as observant as you'd hope they'd be...

·
Registered
142 Posts
Man, I feel for you. I drive to work every day and encounter so many bad drivers on the streets pretty much daily. I try to drive defensively and keep my eyes out for these people.

An advice for you, if you're not really at fault, tell your insurance about the incident and your story and have them look at the damage. They can look and determine how the accident actually happened. Don't just give in easily because the cop said that you were at fault.

My wife had an accident once which she and the other party were "both" at fault. I thought that since the other driver and my wife shared the fault, it would just be over with.

No, no, the other driver kept insisting that she was right and my wife was wrong. Not until "her" insurance company took a look at our car that they determine that the other driver was also at fault ! So, if she wanted to fix the car, she would then have to pay on her own.

Good luck to you.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Wow that sucks. I am so sorry to hear about that. Good luck in getting it fixed and I hope that you dont get into anymore accidents.

-Crystal

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Wow, that's very horrible. Glad that you are safe though.

I'm not saying that you are a bad driver but 11 accidents is a lot but that does include ones that aren't your fault.

And what Samsingha said, if you truly believe you are not at fault you should tell your insurance company what happened and let them take a look.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Originally posted by DeaTh_tC@Aug 12 2005, 04:33 AM
. ya just have to assume people won't check their blind spots (don't drive in them!), ... 
Good advice there. Many accidents can be avoided by doing this alone. Ive seen many highway accidents caused by a lane change with a car in the blind spot.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I feel your pain. Mine has been hit 5 times, back bumper repainted along with other minor dents and scratches, no fault of my own, until i rear ended someone. I'm giving up on stock parts and getting the Kaminari kit....

·
Registered
40 Posts
My car has been hit twice while stationery and me NOT EVEN IN THE CAR. Yes, parked in the parking lot. Once while I was playing tennis and caught the bastard. Second time came out from a bar and found it smashed into w/o leaving insurance information. That's why at the end of the day... cars are liabilties till paid off. TCs rules though!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by VoLIMIT@Aug 12 2005, 08:05 PM
My car has been hit twice while stationery and me NOT EVEN IN THE CAR. Yes, parked in the parking lot. Once while I was playing tennis and caught the bastard. Second time came out from a bar and found it smashed into w/o leaving insurance information. That's why at the end of the day... cars are liabilties till paid off. TCs rules though!
same thing happened to me.. but i never caught the guy. one was at my school, and one was in my church parking lot. it's happened to me so many times it doesn't surprise me anymore HAha.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm so sorry this happened to you! I had a 91 Toyota Celica hatchback before my TC and I got into a few close situatuions where the other driver insisted he/she didn't see me and interestingly all incidents involved trucks. I eventually got hit 2 times. Once by a huge delivery truck as I was waiting at a red light. He said he didn't see me and maneavered his truck right into me causing much damage to the right side. I was so shaken and on top of that he started yelling at me for having such a small car! Second time it was raining and pretty dark and I had just gotten off the highway which lead me to a bend and then a stop sign and a Blazer slammed right into the rear hatch. He said that after the bend he didn't see me until it was too late to stop.
I will agree the car was small but because of so many close calls, I got rid of it. I drive my TC to work everyday and it's sad to see so many morons out there making really stupid moves.

Good luck with the repairs krazEkitty and I am glad to hear you were not hurt!!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Sorry for the typos but it's 2:47am and I am half asleep!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.