Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i did a search and found nothing.. anyways..

every once in a while when i make left or right hand turns into driveways my ABS (i think) makes like a crackling/crumbling noise. Or sometimes i make left hand turns at lights pretty quick and when i hit my brakes alittle it makes the same little noise and my brakes shake.. is this normal?

thanks -mike

·
Former '05er
12,590 Posts
I checked it out intentionally in the rain in my '93 Celica GTS. I wanted to know what it did, what it sounded like, and what to expect when it did its thing. It was pretty spooky hearing those elves with big hammers under the hood bashing something pretty hard and pretty fast.

Now I'm used to it...

·
Registered
493 Posts
my experience with ABS was stopping hard to avoid a red light runner, ABS kicked, pedal goes to the floor and the car almost didnt stop....

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
ABS saved my ass a few years ago. I was driving in the rain in my Chevy Blazer at night on a rural highway, and a car made the very foolish mistake of turning out in front of me. Fortunately my ABS kicked in and I didn't make a Labfish out of the driver of the other car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.