Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great results, far better feedback(probably due to fewer lines, not flowing through valves, etc), brake balance is just about perfect with the proportioning valve set at the halfway mark.

I have autocrossed the car with the brake mods and made a pretty intense backwoods mountain pass run, huge overall improvement in feedback, firmness, modulation capability, I wish I had done this much sooner!

In the original post I have included what I did to accomplish this, it was alot of effort to get the lines fitted but other than that, not very difficult in the grand scheme of things. Biggest hassle was making leak proof double flares and for that you just have to get a very good tool then practice until perfect.

Low and Eng you guys asked about the process, it is all covered in that post;)

Next issue to solve, no speedo!
I have that figured out, waiting for a speed sensor that will plug into the tranny, the differential already has the gear, I know from istalling the LSD. Many Toyota vehicles use the same unit but they are hard to get used since most yards want to sell them with the tranny, new they are just under $200! 92-2004 Camry units are a direct bolt in, most if not all RAV4's and a few others, manaul and auto use different parts.

I have one that will be here on Monday, cost me $16 and shipping. Now the issue will be installing it and seeing how accurate the speed reading is, then calculation of the error(if big enough to warranty further efforts to correct it) and then seeing what different gears I can get for it, $18 at the dealer. Another option, in case no gear will do the job, there are circuits sold to calibrate it with, messages the signal to correct it.

I do have to supply the proper voltage to the unit which I am pretty sure is just 12VDC and ground but will know for sure once I get the part and dig in a bit deeper. The ABS unit supplied it before, I can always plug it in and measure to be certain. Then just the signal to the speedo, pretty simple really, glad I own multiple parts micro fiche files and service manuals and can read and understand them:)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Glad you're figuring out the speedo issue. When I first saw it I thought "uh oh, he's never gonna figure that out!"

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks but there is always an answer, sometimes to much hassle to achieve the end goal or a time constraint, to costly but not many things are impossible to do, with the right attitude, or is that bull headedness, lol!!!

I have another way to do it figured out as well, this is the easier one:)

Rick

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I'm sure that a lot of people have come up to you and told you to buy a better sports car in the first place; if such a thing happens again, you could definitely respond, "But where's the sport in that?"

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I completely agree. I could of bought one of many cars I like, tossed on a few good parts and have a very fast car in a few weeks time, a few hours of work here and there, and had fun driving it, about the same money invested. Then end up with one of hundreds or thousands all about the same.

Taking something like a tC and making it into what I want it to be, far more rewarding, far more involved, alot more of a challenge and alot more chance of getting it published which helps our business and get to learn new things, teach my son a few more tricks, etc. etc:)

Rick

·
Registered
1 Posts
Great results, far better feedback(probably due to fewer lines, not flowing through valves, etc), brake balance is just about perfect with the proportioning valve set at the halfway mark.

I have autocrossed the car with the brake mods and made a pretty intense backwoods mountain pass run, huge overall improvement in feedback, firmness, modulation capability, I wish I had done this much sooner!
____

In the original post I have included what I did to accomplish this, it was alot of effort to get the lines fitted but other than that, not very difficult in the grand scheme of things. Biggest hassle was making leak proof double flares and for that you just have to get a very good tool then practice until perfect.

Low and Eng you guys asked about the process, it is all covered in that post;)
____

Next issue to solve, no speedo!
I have that figured out, waiting for a speed sensor that will plug into the tranny, the differential already has the gear, I know from istalling the LSD. Many Toyota vehicles use the same unit but they are hard to get used since most yards want to sell them with the tranny, new they are just under $200! 92-2004 Camry units are a direct bolt in, most if not all RAV4's and a few others, manaul and auto use different parts.

I have one that will be here on Monday, cost me $16 and shipping. Now the issue will be installing it and seeing how accurate the speed reading is, then calculation of the error(if big enough to warranty further efforts to correct it) and then seeing what different gears I can get for it, $18 at the dealer. Another option, in case no gear will do the job, there are circuits sold to calibrate it with, messages the signal to correct it.

I do have to supply the proper voltage to the unit which I am pretty sure is just 12VDC and ground but will know for sure once I get the part and dig in a bit deeper. The ABS unit supplied it before, I can always plug it in and measure to be certain. Then just the signal to the speedo, pretty simple really, glad I own multiple parts micro fiche files and service manuals and can read and understand them:)
Did you figure the speedo issue out

1 - 7 of 7 Posts