Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Former '05er
12,590 Posts
Yes, it's the ABS. All Toyotas work that way.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
I'm surprised we haven't heard of anyone wrecking when the ABS kicks in and it feels like that...they take their foot off the brakes n' then hit whatever they were trying to avoid. I'm glad I had mine with just snow and only twitched when I felt it.

·
Registered
5,506 Posts
There are two places in Sacramento that I know that those damn things are going to kick in: hitting the brakes while going over the tracks on Stockton Blvd. near Alhambra, and the 5th Street exit off 80/50 (the road is bumpy as hell near the stop sign).

·
Registered
6,498 Posts
Never locked your brakes before? That's truly amazing. I can't count the number of times the brakes locked on one of my cars...that's why ABS was a must-have on this car.

·
Registered
13 Posts
if it doesnt pulse you might want to have it checked out yes that is the abs working

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
The pulsing felt exactly the same in my last car, an Accord.

·
Registered
6,498 Posts
Originally posted by moriarty@Feb 3 2005, 02:54 PM
it seems like it kicks in sooner then in other cars i've driven.
Mine has kicked in once or twice where it definitely didn't seem necessary. Then again, as my dad pointed out, it's hard to guess how far I would've slid if the brakes had locked...

·
Former '05er
12,590 Posts
Originally posted by moriarty@Feb 3 2005, 10:54 AM
it seems like it kicks in sooner then in other cars i've driven.
I don't think this would be true with better tires. I'm learning to hate the OEM tires very quickly, and I might be in the market for better rubber sooner than I expected. I'll save the ones I now have for the wife's car when she wears hers out. She doesn't drive like I do...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.