Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was over at scionlife.com reading their forums.. and looks like one guy had his ABS malfunction.. enough to total the car.. Two others reportedly had problems also..

Has anyone here felt anything strange with their brakes?

·
Registered
100 Posts
haven't felt anything strange with the brakes... even though the car is pretty heavy, it still stops pretty well.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool thanks.. yeah i test drove about 4 tC's.. and the brakes felt fine.. just asking cuz i read that at the other site..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Almost 500 miles and no problems with the brakes. Although I also read that guy's story and it's a pretty scary thought.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'm wondering if he had defective tires.. if a tire had a bad steel belt.. i wonder if it would cause that "hop" under severe braking.. would be interesting to see if the tires are messed up..

·
Registered
100 Posts
I just read the story about that guy and from what I see, I think it's purely an accident and misapplication of the brakes by the driver. I'm glad him and his girlfriend wasn't hurt! I honestly don't think there's anything wrong with the TC's ABS. If there was, there would be recall pretty soon and I hope that's not the case.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts