Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't bought my tC yet, but will soon.
I've looked on some of the other forums and heard quite abit about the ABS locking up on the tC. In one case it supposedly cause a pretty serious accident.
Just wondering if anyone on these boards have had any issues with their ABS
thanks...

·
Registered
936 Posts
no issues with ABS.....the guy who had that issue was making a big stink about it so he would get the insurance company to believe him. He was obviously in error and lacked driving skills......so he got what he deserved. Nobody here has had any problems that I've seen - t

·
Premium Member
7,429 Posts
I read the article and saw the pictures. Inevitablegod and I both agree, THat story is bull tihs.
as far as abs issues, none that we have heard of. I think that our customers would let us know.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Have had to slam on the brakes a few times, and they have performed excellently, even in wet weather. No ABS issues here.

·
Registered
936 Posts
to add to what i was saying..........is it even possible for ANTI-LOCK <----- BRAKES to lock????? seriously, I would think that within the software there must be about 1000 different codes to prevent locking as that would be the MAIN issue with ABS breaks, is the potential for a software malfucntion and therefore a locking calipre. - t

·
Registered
675 Posts
sounds like he lost control of the car due to lack of traction.. he did say it was wet outside when it happened.. i bet the stock tires may not have had the best grip in that situation.. ABS and the EBD (electronic brake distribution) can only do so much but cannot create traction.. sounds like driver error.. feel sorry for the guy.. but next car he gets, i bet he won't try the same manuever..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts