Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im going to the dealer in about an hour to order my tC..im gonna order it in flint mica w/5spd tranny

im not even getting many options...some just dont tickle my fancy
the ones that i am getting are:

trd springs
front strut tie bar by Hotchkis Tuning

what other options did you all get? anything worth getting? i dont want to get the body kit it seems to expensive , for the price i could get another kit...i have a ? about the air filter..i want to get a cold air intake and i was wondering if i get the trd air filter when i buy my cai can i use it with the trd air filter...? or does the filter go in the air box...? i think im asking a dumbass question..

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
you are.

CAI filter is a cone.... TRD air filter is a rectangle.

maybe you should get some wheel locks... but not at the dealer.. they charge an arm and a leg.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
This isn't much of an upgrade, but at $50, I thought it was pretty useful. The rear bumper protector can be really helpful with our less than durable paint. It really doesn't show much on the FM, but the faded 'SCION' on the top of the bumper makes it look kinda cool IMO.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok so let me get this straight...the cai attatches to the intake box, which holds the trd air filter in it (if i get)?

yes and the bumper applique thing seemed like a good investment...

·
Registered
515 Posts
Don't get wheel locks, those are the biggest wasit of money! If I wanted to steal your rims or tires wheel locks will come off in 2 seconds. All you do is get an impact wrinch that plugs into a car lighter (yes you can make those very portable) put an oversize socket over the wheel lock and it will rip right off or break right off, this can even be done with a regular torque wrench.

·
Premium Member
7,429 Posts

the CAI does replace the whole air box and filter.
the trd air filter replaced the air filter inside the stock air box.

my thoughts is to try out the weapon R secret weapon. I believe eric has it. It seems like the way to go.

wheel locks are cool but, i got a tilt sensor on the security system. if there is a 3 deg. tilt the alarm goes off. i was gonna set it a 1deg. but, it would false alarm.

congrats on the new car when it comes i am sure you have a ball. 5% tint looks great on the flint mica. you will like the drop with the TRD springs. If you wanted to make you tC a little more unique consider changing rims. Your dealer should have a few different options, as well as any local tire store. I know I have a few really cool rims here at my dealership with a price that is super low. Another dealership in my area also works with a local tire and rim shop for all of their wheel options. If you are interested in rims check with your dealer, they may know of a good deal on them, or know where to send you.

other things you may consider doing is a upgrade on the audio. but, there are tons of threads about that. happy hunting.

welcome to the site. pm me if you have any questions or problems.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
man i cant ####ing wait!!

·
Registered
172 Posts
i've noticed when people upgrade the audio they have cd decks that take up about half the space.. the othe space is just an empy cubby... certainly there are good decks out there that fill the entire stock area...

·
Registered
576 Posts
Yeah, but if your really into a performance sound system, you use that second half of the space where in stock radio was and put in an equalizer below the new head unit.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Originally posted by Pharoh@May 27 2005, 04:04 PM
This isn't much of an upgrade, but at $50, I thought it was pretty useful. The rear bumper protector can be really helpful with our less than durable paint. It really doesn't show much on the FM, but the faded 'SCION' on the top of the bumper makes it look kinda cool IMO.
I've thought about getting one of those, but I was kind of worried that it would peel or collect dirt around its edges. Have you experienced any of that?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.