Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My clutch broke, so I hired a guy to replace it, and the transmission. Before he did the work, I went to start the car, just in case he needed to test drive it after. The car started no issues. After he installed the new clutch and transmission, I went to start the car, and it sounds like it wants to, just lacks the power... No clicking like the battery is dead though, and the starter is trying really hard to turn the car over. I want to attach a short video, but this forum wont allow it apparently... Anyway, a friend of mine came to try and fix the issue, we discovered the old transmission didn't need replacing, we removed the trans to check if the clutch would turn by hand in neutral. It did, so we put everything back together, and boom, same issue, I turn the key, and the engine tries to crank normally, but as before, sounds like the starter is having a hard time turning the engine over. If I try more than one time to crank it, eventually the starter stops trying all together. I'm at a loss. Both the battery, and starter have been replaced, and still no change, it's like something is seized

·
Registered
2 Posts
My clutch broke, so I hired a guy to replace it, and the transmission. Before he did the work, I went to start the car, just in case he needed to test drive it after. The car started no issues. After he installed the new clutch and transmission, I went to start the car, and it sounds like it wants to, just lacks the power... No clicking like the battery is dead though, and the starter is trying really hard to turn the car over. I want to attach a short video, but this forum wont allow it apparently... Anyway, a friend of mine came to try and fix the issue, we discovered the old transmission didn't need replacing, we removed the trans to check if the clutch would turn by hand in neutral. It did, so we put everything back together, and boom, same issue, I turn the key, and the engine tries to crank normally, but as before, sounds like the starter is having a hard time turning the engine over. If I try more than one time to crank it, eventually the starter stops trying all together. I'm at a loss. Both the battery, and starter have been replaced, and still no change, it's like something is seized
did you take a look at the flywheel? Maybe teeth are damaged

1 - 3 of 3 Posts