Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well last night, April 2nd, was the annual Hot Import Nights in San Mateo..the show overall wasnt that great, a few tC's here and there but nothing special..after the show me and my boys were on the San Mateo bridge when all of a sudden i look in my rear view mirror and all i see is headlights riding my ass in the fast lane..i was already going 85 so he must have wanted something from me..so i pull off to the middle lane, and i look over to the left and its another tC..he pulls ahead just a little bit, jus enough for me to see his hazards flash..i downshift to 4th and we're gone..i was running him for a good 3/4 of the way..but some lady in a stupid Benz pulls into my lane and i have to slow down then he takes the lead..so we're weaving in and out of the traffic lanes..dodging cars at 100+ mph..then there was a clearing, i smash the gas we're neck and neck..but for some reason i start to pull ahead..i had 4 other passengers and he only had 2..he makes a mistake and i let him know by cutting him off..i start to pull away and the we get off the bridge onto the regular freeway..that was so much fun, my passengers got a kick out of it as well..when we both started cruising at about 85..i rolled down my window and gave him a thumbs up, he did as well..and that was that..

what pissed me off though was that my homeboy was saying "ahh hes a loser, he sucks at driving..." you know jus rambling on and on..so finally i told him to shut up and that it was a good run..because we both didnt know who was gonna win, it was a driver against driver race..you gotta give props and respect to anybody that you race..you respect the other driver and there car when respect is due, but if they are f*ckers about it then of course they recieve none..yah racing is fun, but dont clown when you got a good run for your money...

·
Registered
742 Posts
First off, I have done more than my share of street racing but over the years I have learned to be alot more responsible about it and never do it with passengers in the car.

Your actions were totally immature and irresponsible and why so many young people die on the streets and cause the heat to come down on all modded, cool car owners.

Please think about what I am saying here because it could save your life and/or those of your friends. I have a list of those I knew that are no longer living due to such activity. I would of been glad to hear you were hauled off to jail for what you did and hope in the end you learned a valuable lesson before it was to late.

Just so you know, I still will do a short street race on occasion but never like you did, I may be getting up there in years but can still drive very very well and I do most of my fast driving on a track where it should be done.

Sincerly,
Rick

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Originally posted by smittyfolifetc@Apr 3 2005, 06:47 PM
man that sounded fun nice race. thats what i'm waiting for another tc to come and play with me so i can see who is the better driver.
That's not possible on the street. If you want to know who's a better driver, you have to go to the track. Too many variables you can't control in traffic

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by raamaudio@Apr 3 2005, 07:01 PM
First off, I have done more than my share of street racing but over the years I have learned to be alot more responsible about it and never do it with passengers in the car.

Your actions were totally immature and irresponsible and why so many young people die on the streets and cause the heat to come down on all modded, cool car owners.

Please think about what I am saying here because it could save your life and/or those of your friends. I have a list of those I knew that are no longer living due to such activity. I would of been glad to hear you were hauled off to jail for what you did and hope in the end you learned a valuable lesson before it was to late.

Just so you know, I still will do a short street race on occasion but never like you did, I may be getting up there in years but can still drive very very well and I do most of my fast driving on a track where it should be done.

Sincerly,
Rick
very true raam..and i do sincerely take it to the heart..but sometimes you jus gotta live..you cant always be uptight about things, its fun to do every once in a while..and yes it was very immature of me to do it with passengers in the car, i never would have done that if i were thinking..but thank you for your concern..and i will remember your words next time i have passengers in the car, or even think of racing..

·
Registered
742 Posts
I normally do not come down that hard on people so do appologize and thanks for being very cool about it.

I really do care about you and all of us here, we should go out and have fun and cut loose once inwhile. I do it, just not quite so wild as when I was young, I think of what could happen more now as I have been around long enough to witness it, I have helped pick up body parts, not a nice way to spend time with your friends.

My 17 year old son loves me to haul arse and knows I am good at it, I never go past 9/10ths with him in the car or the truck and am very carefull when and where I do it. At that level there is very little chance of getting into anything serious but I have many many years of experience. I seldom have to think about what I am doing, I am so into it and it is at least 99% autopilot now. Not saying I am some gifted driver but I am fairly good, practice has led to doing things automatically you cannot do while thinking about it. This is exactly the same in all highly complex physical activities.

On top of that the added weight will severly effect emergency avoidance manuvers, the car will not react as it does with just one or even two people in it.

You want to really learn how to drive and to test your skills against others, go racing!!!

Autocross is one of the best car control learning tools out there and does not cost much, not much chance of hurting yourself, your car or anybody else. Not that hard on the car.

Drag racings skills are different and not as well rounded, less real world use but still can be fun and safe and a great way to prove yourself agains others. A bit harder on the car.

Thanks again for being cool about this, just looking out for others, you and for our ability to maintain some freedom on the roads, getting worse everyday in that department:(

Rick

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
The thing is, no matter how careful you are or think you are, there are always things that can come up -- a child running into the street, another car swerving into your lane unexpectedly, etc. When something like that happens, it won't matter how careful you are or how good a driver you are. What if someone crosses over the median headed straight for you?

More importantly, how will you feel if you kill someone, whether it be a passenger in your car or someone totally uninvolved?

We all think we're good drivers; we all think that these things can't or won't happen to us...but sometimes they do.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have to agree. Street racing is exhilarating but stupid. The lady in the Benz was stupid cause she pulled over in a lane she thought was clear a second ago but didn't see the 100+ MPH cars coming up on her? Sorry, but I have had SEVERAL friends killed on the street for stunts such as this......sorry so harsh.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Trust me things happen. I had my 2nd tC rolled over on the side of the highway after coming from Daytona Beach, FL ( went there for the Scion Exposed show and for spring break). Long stroy, but at least i'll get back the car with new and better tiers. But you know the old saying "you learn from your mistakes" and I'll tell you this i'm that kind of the person that has to expirience it to get the point of it, which in my case is bad. Now the insurance is going to rape :< , but i lived after 2 excidents in the last 2 months, which is more important. BTW I feel like the tC doesn't want me :<.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.