Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I currently have a Sirius account and would like to activate it to use in my TC. I just installed the 6 CD Pioneer head unit ( from the single CD unit ).

I know I have to speak to Sirius to switch over the service to my head unit ,and I know I need the ugly antenna. My question is what else do I need and can I install it myself?

Thanks in advance,

Phil

·
Registered
675 Posts
hey phil.. you also need the sirius satellite tuner from the dealership.. as the radios are "sat-ready" but need the external tuner and antenna (which hooks into the external tuner).. nice way to say it doesn't have sat inside the radio..

that's why most of us have gone aftermarket and gotten the universal plug n play units that plug into the aux input (for the 06 tC's) and for the 05's good FM modulators.. (or the PIE aux input, that works great for the 05's)

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
Are the 05 HU's supported by the Sirius tuner?

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
Sweet, I'll be buying one from Ken as soon as they are available through him... I love NPR too much

·
Registered
843 Posts
I only have direct experience with XM and their 12 month Free Service program, so I can't answer that. We've had a lot of people asking when we would have it available because they prefer it over XM so maybe we can get some of them to share info with us.

Ken

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.