Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just n FYI...When i picked mine up yesterday i learned of a little unknown option that i personally have not seen published anywhere. There is a tire pressure sensor that turns on a dummy light in the dash when tire pressure gets to low. Another one of thos expensive car features on a not so expensive car.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is to reset the tire pressure warning light once you fix the issue. The trunk is really cool. With the doors unlocked there is a pressure switch that releases trunk when you lift up on the hatch. There may be a way to remotely do it but i havnt found it yet. Maybe holding down the unlock button on the remote? I'll look into that.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Originally posted by C!ph3r@Jul 1 2004, 12:12 PM
Just n FYI...When i picked mine up yesterday i learned of a little unknown option that i personally have not seen published anywhere. There is a tire pressure sensor that turns on a dummy light in the dash when tire pressure gets to low. Another one of thos expensive car features on a not so expensive car.
nice! did you have low tire pressure? how did you notice? ahhh who cares... what matters is that you got one! congrats!

Nathan
ycart1201

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well my salesman actually informed me of it. He appologized in advance isf he didnt know the features due to the fact mine was the first one that they had received. He must have read the entire owners manual on this thing before hand.

Today i found another cool thing about it. It keeps power to the sunroof and windows untill you open the door. Didnt expect that.

·
Registered
793 Posts
CAN'T WAIT to get mine and find out about any other little neat bonuses this little gem might have....

·
Registered
197 Posts
Originally posted by C!ph3r@Jul 1 2004, 06:58 PM
Today i found another cool thing about it. It keeps power to the sunroof and windows untill you open the door. Didnt expect that.
all toyota's do that. my dad's 92 lexus ls400 does, my old 94 camry xle v6 did it (thank god we traded that in my for my tc, hopefully to get here in a couple of days!), and every toyota I've ever riden in or driven has done it.

it's a cool feature, though. I like it.

·
Registered
730 Posts
For those of you that didn't read your owner's manual, there is also a service indicator that will illuminate when its time to change your oil!!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
nice
what triggers the indicator?
the thickness of the oil,
milage since (drain)bolt was removed?
date since bolt was removed?
Hmmmm.....
wander what it is....

·
Registered
793 Posts
Don't know...but I'm glad it's a feature! I usually don't notice I'm due for an oil change 'till 1000 miles or so after it was supposed to be done.

My car must hate me...hehe.

·
Registered
70 Posts
haha, i thought it was a switch to turn on some light or somethin so i pressed it a coupel times

1 - 14 of 14 Posts