Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up all? Hey, I'm feeling real good today, went to Maita Toyota in sacramento yesterday....Got a TC..And today I have our CF hood and Strut in place. This car is great. Look for these wonderful products as soon as we get some in. I have the proto on mine, and we should get the smoothed surfaced truckload next month!
-chris

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
i saw that prototype hood today and it is truly very well done. better than any carbon fiber hood i have seen in person, no doubt. nice job, chris. i am looking forward to the finished product. welcome to the site, glad you are on board.

·
Registered
255 Posts
maybe it's just my preference but i don't like the hood. Why would you want your hood to be a different color compared to your car?!...i just don't get it.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Originally posted by *SweetPea*@Dec 2 2004, 11:22 PM
maybe it's just my preference but i don't like the hood. Why would you want your hood to be a different color compared to your car?!...i just don't get it.
amazing! someone else thinks the same thing that i do!
that's exactly what i say. it just doesn't look right. and the same thing for aluminum gas caps or ones with decals or whatever that make it stand out from the rest of the car.

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
I like the ones with the different colored fenders than the rest of the car. Now those are cool.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
it mixes nicely with the flint mica and the glass roof.

edit : besides, carbon fiber is paintable, right? of course it is. the real benefit behind one is weight savings, but for everyday street application it obviously wont make a difference. so if you want the weight savings, and dont like your car not matching, paint it to match. biggest concerns with a carbon fiber hood are strength and fitment - it can be any finish you want it to be.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I respect all opinions! LOL but dang, can I get some love!
The carbon fiber mixes extremely well with the glass roof, and is balanced with the tires which in most cases seem to be black!
I respect conservative approaches to styling as well though
But this will be a must have with a black or flint M and tuners alike.

-chris

·
Registered
54 Posts
where did the hood come from? prototype? are they production now? Crappy hoods on ebay...your fit looks very good. let me know. thanks. sip

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.