Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't really post here, but well, there's a first time for everything, so hello. Anyways, on to my point. And I apologize in advance for how many questions I have in this post, but I just want to make sure I get everything right before I drop my money on a new car.

In the next few months I intend to purchase a Scion tC and I was wondering if you guys could give me a little help deciding on what accessories I should get. The ones I will be getting without a doubt are the ground effects kit, rear lip spoiler(actually still debating to an extent, but doesn't apply to my situation) and the sports pedals.

There's a few things I'm debating on right now, and wouldn't mind hearing some informed opinions on what I should do, starting with the LED's. Is it really worth the $250 for the LED's? According to my brother, I could do it alot cheaper by myself. I do believe him, but my big concern is how professional and stylish it would look. Are the wires hidden in the tC if you pay the $250, and is there a nice, natural looking button to flip them on and off? And if anyone has the Toyota installed ones, is the glow strong?

My next question involves the sound system. Personally, I'm leaning towards buying a CD player on my own, one a bit slicker than what the tC offers. So obviously it would be smarter to go with the stock version so I won't have to pay for something I intend to replace shortly after, but does that change the sound system at all(a package sort of thing maybe)? And how is the sound, is there any need to replace the system they give you for lack of quality?

My last major question is on the bazooka subwoofer, it looks extremely well hidden, something that is a major plus for me. However, is it really worth the $449, or would I be better off purchasing my own woofer and installing it, at the cost of being alot less hidden(more than likely).

A few other minor questions are, are the mudguards and vehicle shield protection worth it?

Once again, I'm sorry for all the questions, but I figured some of you might be able to help me out. Thanks for any advice.

· Former '05er
12,590 Posts
There is a wealth of information on everything you asked about on this site. The search function is your friend, and you'll find lots of very helpful and useful information.

To repeat it all in this thread would be both a waste of time and effort when a search is so simple to do.

· Registered
4,758 Posts
First of all, i would nto get the LED kit. the reason for this is because the tubes are mounted in a position where you can see them. it is not aesthetic at all. when it is off, you still see the white tubes. you could fix this however, but i dont see the point. You can easily do it yourself, the right way, and it will still be cheaper.

Next, the stereo in the tC is okay, but it is not very loud. You can always get an aftermarket Head Unit, which will be far better than the stock head unit. If you have an iPod, you can get that accesory, but i would go aftermarket.

Lastly, the bazooka subwoofer. I believe there are far better subwoofers you can get for ~$500. you can always get a Alpine Type R with an enclosure and it will sound 100 times better. Just my opinions. take em or leave em.

· Registered
543 Posts
there's also a guy on here trying to get production going on his own custom box that is very similar to the bazooka one, but his fits better and is designed around an alpine type r 10" subwoofer. search for "alpman" and you should find it

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by lo bux racer@Sep 8 2005, 04:04 PM
There is a wealth of information on everything you asked about on this site. The search function is your friend, and you'll find lots of very helpful and useful information.

To repeat it all in this thread would be both a waste of time and effort when a search is so simple to do.
I suppose I had a response like this coming, but at least a couple of you gave me a few pointers. I will check the search though, apparently I looked right over it, thanks for the other responses with actual help though.

· Former '05er
12,590 Posts
I apologize if I sounded rude, but you wouldn't believe how many times I've seen the same thing. FWIW, if you are having trouble deciding what color, don't waste your time searching. I think we have at least 40 different threads that either started or ended as color choice discussions with the expected fanboi commentary for every available hue, and at least one that is totally custom...

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm still debating on color, but I was going to ask that. I've seen photos of all the different colors, but I still can't make up my mind. I'm going to see if I can't find each color in person and in real light to make my decision.

Oh, and no big deal. Honestly you did come off a little rude, but I would've acted the same way in your situation. I know it's annoying to read the same crappy threads over and over, I deal with that on plenty of other message boards.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.