Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yea Iam going to order my new tC in a week or so and Id just wonder to run a few things past you guys...I know that this has been brought up in the forum before, but for my own sake lol...your guys takes on the acessories...I realize that the majority of their stuff is completly overpriced so I would just like you opinions about it...even though Iam reading up and having a few friends teach me, Iam not much of a mechanic and wouldnt be doing alot of things myself

Sooo is their stuff worth it and what do you recomend getting?
thanks
-Chris

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Well I like the side airbags, because when im in a tin can I would like to survive my wreck.

I also purchased the TRD exhaust because I really enjoy the sound of it. ( check the exhaust section of the forum for sound clips)

I would forgo the radio upgrades or security, you can get both aftermarket for less and get better quality.

The lowering kit/suspension upgrades have been a popular one, however some of us have to avoid it because of the bumps, roads, and weather we have to travel on. The sway bars may not be a bad purchase though.

Most of the rest of the stuff is just looks, if you like the looks go for it, its just money right???

Do you have any more specific questions?

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Originally posted by Virtues41@Jul 18 2005, 05:46 AM
I know that this has been brought up in the forum before, but for my own sake lol...your guys takes on the acessories...
Welcome to the site but it does not work that way here. Please read the topics already started and try doing a search for each specific accessory you are interested in. We'd all appreciate it, thank you.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Originally posted by Virtues41@Jul 18 2005, 02:46 AM
So yea Iam going to order my new tC in a week or so and Id just wonder to run a few things past you guys...I know that this has been brought up in the forum before, but for my own sake lol...your guys takes on the acessories...I realize that the majority of their stuff is completly overpriced so I would just like you opinions about it...even though Iam reading up and having a few friends teach me, Iam not much of a mechanic and wouldnt be doing alot of things myself

Sooo is their stuff worth it and what do you recomend getting?
thanks
-Chris
The floor mats are a must, they are badass because it has rubber where my foot touches the mat instead of just making a big indention in the actual carpet... nice touch scion. A good price on the door sill's is about $65 and those are really nice looking, other than that I haven't really looked into much else besides the exhaust which only adds about 3-4 hp but I heard it sounds REALLY good.

·
Registered
72 Posts
i ordered the floor mats from trdtoyota.com
i believe theyre the same ones and about $70 cheaper.

·
Registered
117 Posts
If your like me and not a richman, go bare bones. The great thing about Scion is you can always add it later.....On the other hand the more you get up front, the more it will be spread over your payments.. It depends on how much you can afford....

The only option I got (cuz they made me) was a cargo net $45.
Then later I purchased door sills, OBX shifter.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the ideas guys...next time I'll look a lil more...thx eddie for the ideas on all the stuff...think for now I'll get the exhaust, sway bar. As sparta said I think I could order the mats for cheaper.

Two last questions lol...my dealer offered me lojack on the tC, is that what everyone's getting or am I better off getting somthing like On Star from someone els...and lastly the ped spoiler, Ive been looking at forums here and it seems that either they love it or they think its too ricey and that it ruins the lines, Iam a sucker for the spoilers
, can anyone help?

·
Registered
117 Posts
IMO it ruins the lines and makes the car look cheap. I've always thought the back end resembles an Audi....Sharp, straight corners, etc. Some people come up to me and ask if its (my tc flint mica 05) is a Lexus? That in mind, do you think lexus would put a spoiler on the back? Me no think so!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
haha...yea I hear ya, its just really confusing when people say that it ruins the lines and others say that the car looks to plain
. I think though for the majority that people here have the most accurate opinions

·
Registered
36 Posts
Originally posted by sitdowncomic@Jul 18 2005, 08:53 PM
Spoilers turn it into a rice burner.....Not a "Lexus"
Eh, I agree about the "wing" one but the lip I think looks pretty nice. Will I waste $300 to put it on my car? No. Alot more important stuff out there.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Originally posted by Virtues41@Jul 18 2005, 10:07 PM
yea the items are deff overpriced but Iam not much of a mechanic...so what do I do, just get dealer install or wait out till I learn a lil more and do it myself?
I talked to someone at the dealer today and if you have someone else install stuff it voids the warranty in alot of cases, including the spoiler (that's what I asked about) so watch out on that one!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.