Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few questions for you folks.

1) Does your sunroof flap around when driving on the highway due to winds?

2) Do you hear wind coming from your sunroof even when its closed?

3) Are all 4 TRD springs the same, or are there ones for the front and rear?

1 and 2 might be related I figure. I just had my springs installed and noticed a much tighter gap b/w the rear tire and well than the front. I thought the front was supposed to be lower?

I wanted to ask you all before I complained to the dealership. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
7,429 Posts
the back should be lower. this is because of the front wheel drive. the car will squat less when you accelerate that way... also, it takes a little time for the springs to settle in. it will look better after it settles in.

as far as the first two things, take it into your dealer and have them check it out. those items are covered (3yr. 36K basic warrenty) and does not sound normal.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Springs are completely different for the front and for the back. Fronts are bigger diameter, but I think have fewer coils, rears seem to have more coils. Regardless, TRD springs have 2 more coils than stocks (thus stiffer).

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
1. No.
2. Yes.
3. Listen to zoltiz.

Kwiksilver, I also love my stock ride. I'm very reluctant to mess with it...

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
1) no
2) yes
3) meow.

·
Registered
299 Posts
1. no
2. no
3. i'm a n00b

so far i've had no problems that other people have brought up... so i consider myself VERY LUCKY!

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Speaking of sunroof problems, there is a TSB out on the popping noises from the sunroof. I hadn't heard anyone say anything about it on here since it came out last week.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.