Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so heard a rumor that the early tC's didn't have enough refridgerant in them.. how true is this? can anyone confirm this? if the refridgerant is too low, the compressor won't work.. (failsafe).. let us know..

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
?? first time i've heard that. I'll try to look into it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yea, don't worry too much about it. If your tC doesn't cool you off enough, take it to the dealer and tell them that. Scion WANTS you to bring up things like this so they can become a better company. Just tell the service department that your tC seems to be low on freon- they should happily oblige to fill her up!

Justin

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Yeah... I heard that the first batch of tCs released did not have enough refrigerant... the dealers had to add more to the cars... supposedly the other batches are fine...

·
Registered
1 Posts
That statement is true! I work at a Toyota dealer, in parts, and I just bought a tc. It's a pound low, from what I heard. All you do is have the tech evac and recharge the system. Also replace the stock A/C sticker on the hood with a 88723-20090 sticker. It has different specs for filling the system. Take care!! Hope that helps!!!!

·
Registered
793 Posts
So umm.....should this be something to have them check out during first oil change?

My A/C works....just not sure if it could work better or not. ::shrug::

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Originally posted by spongebob278@Aug 7 2004, 05:01 PM
That statement is true! I work at a Toyota dealer, in parts, and I just bought a tc. It's a pound low, from what I heard. All you do is have the tech evac and recharge the system. Also replace the stock A/C sticker on the hood with a 88723-20090 sticker. It has different specs for filling the system. Take care!! Hope that helps!!!!
Is that for all tCs or just the first ones???

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Originally posted by LoopyLady_1@Aug 8 2004, 10:34 AM
So umm.....should this be something to have them check out during first oil change?

My A/C works....just not sure if it could work better or not. ::shrug::
Mee too... My A/C works... its cold but I would prefer it to be colder... How do we know whether it is short on refrigerant???

I love my dad's old dodge colt.... it used to spit out ice.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
i suppose thats going to come down to what they consider to be the "first batch". i mean, do we know what production number range is included in the list?

hmm - guess i'll give it to my service guy and say check it, punk.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts