Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my head unit replaced with a Sony Xplod unit and I noticed that when I turn my headlights on, the lights on the center console (a/c, clock, temp, etc.) go off. The lights work when the car is on, but as soon as I turn the headlights on they go off. It's pretty wierd. Any guesses as to what could be causing this problem. I have an 06 tC.

·
Premium Member
16,847 Posts
Originally posted by kiwitC@Sep 25 2005, 11:00 PM
Any guesses as to what could be causing this problem.
Assclown audio system installers. Take it back and make them fix it.

·
Registered
444 Posts
might be a dumb statement but make sure the knob in the left guage is turned all the way to the right...lol who knows...

·
Registered
2 Posts
QUOTE (kiwitC @ Sep 25 2005, 10:00 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=95199
I just got my head unit replaced with a Sony Xplod unit and I noticed that when I turn my headlights on, the lights on the center console (a/c, clock, temp, etc.) go off. The lights work when the car is on, but as soon as I turn the headlights on they go off. It's pretty wierd. Any guesses as to what could be causing this problem. I have an 06 tC.[/b]
I was wondering the same thing. I recently purchased my Scion tC and that is how it came. I guess I better take it in and see what's up.

·
Destroyer of Cones
7,513 Posts
If yours is an 07, Jared, you may be one of the lucky masses of people with faulty HVAC modules. There are a lot of them failing this way since they changed the board layout for the 07 models. I want to find the issue, but since they are all under warranty they go straight to the dealers.

The OP should check all fuses, and then take it back to the shop that messed it up. The 07 owners need to take it back to the dealer. I know some 07's have even produced a burning smell when the problems started, pointing to a connection issue, so I wouldnt take my time calling the dealer.

·
Registered
485 Posts
+1 mine did the same thing, take it to the dealership and they will replace it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.