Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well this is going to be my first post on YSTC but i've been reading the forums for quite a while just to get to know teh community

not too long ago i was driving around an 02' camry, not really planning on making any auto switches in the near future. but there was always the prospect of getting a car that tailored to me a little better ( i just turned 20 and i don't really feel cool driving around a 4dr family sedan
) well.... that changed quite quickly after the accident i was in 2 months ago.

i was going about 30mph in the farthest right lane getting rdy to make a right onto the 10fwy... the lanes to my left were stopped at the light (but my lane was clear) some guy making a left turn from oncoming traffic was weaving his way through the stopped cars to get onto a Chevrolet dealership's driveway... and for some bad stroke of luck nearly all the cars were SUV's, so my visual on the car was obscured... well he didn't even bother checking the traffic on my lane and hit the gas... i only had about 2 seconds to react after he magically popped out of that gas-guzzling heap of SUV's... i braked as best i could but there was no avoiding the inevitable crunch of metal... so i held my breath and took it like a man. my entire front end was demolished, i only dented his passenger-side doors
that is one buff car. i was caught completely by surprise smashing my face into the airbag (well... better that than eating the steering wheel)... i was just sitting there in a trance until a passing vehicle yelled out loud "HOLY F%$#!!!" which i found quite comical afterwards. long story short... after getting the police report and insurance adjusters i got roughly $20,000 for my camry which was a totaled.

it was all because of this that i was able to have enough to get a brand new tC... i'm happy about being able to get a new car but should i really be? i feel a little guilty for finding pleasure in this. since the driver of the other car was working for a Chevrolet dealership and wrecked their car... probably getting fired afterwards. i sorta feel sorry for the guy even though i was dependent on friends and family for rides for a good chunk of time

my tC is tainted

btw, its going to be CSM, only thing added was a lip spoiler, and its AT (my mom is still very protective of me
..) and doesn't want me "racing"

· Registered
1,373 Posts
Welcome to the site. Don't feel too bad for the other guy... it sounds like he was at fault -- I doubt he'd have felt bad for you if it was your fault.

Congrats on the tC purchase... and the lip spoiler is really nice. You should be very happy with your new car.

· Registered
6,498 Posts
Don't feel bad. It sounds like it wasn't your fault, and even if it was, it's over now and everything has been taken care of. Don't worry about things you have no control over, like the past.

Enjoy your new tC!

· Registered
4,894 Posts
Not your fault, Enjoy the new car!

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey thanks for the positive feedback! i dont feel quite so bad anymore... that jerk, he DID deserve it!! haha

anyways i absolutely loved the BSP on the tC... but i avoided it because i heard black is the hardest color to keep clean and that it fades faster than all the other cars. i'm quite lazy so that knocked BSP off its pedestal... but is it really that bad to keep it nice and shiny?

· Registered
1,373 Posts
Originally posted by spo0nBend3r@Feb 10 2006, 01:51 PM
but is it really that bad to keep it nice and shiny?
I'd say yes. Although I have Nautical Blue.. it's still pretty dark. Dark will show scratches and swirl marks more than lighter paints... I think it's something about the top layer(s) of clearcoat that turn white-ish when they get scratched and that just shows up vividly against a dark basecoat.

If you want something that looks good even when it's dirty and won't show scratches as badly, Silver or Azure Pearl would be the way to go. Still... I don't think I'd trade my NB for another color.

· Registered
3,358 Posts
Maybe I'll get a BSP...

the only reason I avoided black was because of my experience with a black car and how hot it got during the summer. Burning your hand on the shift knob is not fun.

Then I realized, my entire sunroof is black, so having a lighter colored car versus a darker car would have no difference. Waxing a white car doesn't make you feel as nice when you're done with it versus a black one. Well... not at least until it becomes dark, then it looks so shiney and cuteeeeeeeeeeeeee..... [/ramble]

· Registered
1,395 Posts
Sweet, welcome to the site. I have a FM TC, and ive only had it around....a month and it still has no rock chips that ive noticed and no scratches

It wasnt your fualt, and it sounds like you suffered more then him during the accident. If he isnt a responsible enough driver to check his lanes he dosnt doserve the job if thats what it involves.

You plan on modding it at all? and how old are you?

· Registered
219 Posts
the same thing happened to me except and old lady hit me and totaled my chevy which I too wasn't feeling very cool in and I got my 06 tC then so I was fine with it lol congrats on your new tC and welcome to the group.. and btw having AT doesn't really prevent you from racing that much

· Registered
63 Posts
cool my car came with a story too.

so i decided to buy a tC..and and i knew that finding one on the lot to my likings was near impossible since dealers were taking orders which took 4-6 wks. i listed down literally ALL the #s to socal scion dealers...and started calling them one by one. i neared the end of the list and no tC i wanted (06 SW). i was down to the 2nd to last dealer on the list, and i was pretty much losing hope and was about to go with my 2nd choice (EP3 civic SI). i called and they actually had an 06 SW tC with no additional accessories (just how i wanted it). dealer tells me someone has dibs on it, but he hasn't showed up for two days..and that if i come get it ASAP..its mine. i got down to westminister from glendale in about 40 mins with evening rush hr traffic. did all the paperwork, etc etc...the dude that had dibs on it had everything done, all he had to do was sign his financing papers and it was his..but he still didn't show up. i drove off that lot in a brand spanking new tc.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by m1keaveli@Feb 10 2006, 06:18 PM
all he had to do was sign his financing papers and it was his..but he still didn't show up. i drove off that lot in a brand spanking new tc.
sucks for him but u deserved it more... if he really wanted it he would have done everything ASAP... like you did. his loss
SW is a good color... it has this glow to it... sexy

· Registered
219 Posts
lol yea I agree he didn't want it enough to deserve it ... congrats to you getting it instead

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.