Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i was talkin to some friends of mine, and we came up with the idea of putting a 50 to 75 shot nitrous system in my car. what are the side effects on the engine? what kind of parts will wear out faster? what are your recomondations?

·
Registered
832 Posts
If you're set on this, go for a fifty rather than seventy five and make sure it's a wet system. I'm pretty sure you'll get sick of filling your bottle before too long though. Nitrous is fine for race cars, but for a street car it doesn't make sense.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Why doesn't it make sense? Do you know how many time you can race with a 50 shot on a 10lb bottle? More than one gas tank full. Hence, I think he'd get tired of filling up the gas tank quicker than filling the n20 bottle. If you're lucky you can get the nitrous filled for less.

To answer the first question, it will put more wear on items like rod bearings, ring lands, and rings, but the effect I think would be marginal if managed properly.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Originally posted by SK VR4@Nov 17 2005, 09:46 AM
Why doesn't it make sense? Do you know how many time you can race with a 50 shot on a 10lb bottle? More than one gas tank full. Hence, I think he'd get tired of filling up the gas tank quicker than filling the n20 bottle. If you're lucky you can get the nitrous filled for less.

To answer the first question, it will put more wear on items like rod bearings, ring lands, and rings, but the effect I think would be marginal if managed properly.
What about side effects??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.