Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have a picture to show (my mom ran over my digital camera... long story lol) but the other night a truck passed me on the interstate and tons of rocks hit my car. There's now about 2 dozen chips on my hood and bumper. Oh well, I guess I asked for it without getting a ClearBra. I can live with the small ones but there's a HUGE chip on my hood! It's about the size of an ibuprofen (can't spell) and it's pretty deep.

Should I get a touch-up pen (http://www.paintscratch.com/cgi-bin/show_products.cgi?ShowItem=0) and color it in? The website for this paint pen has the pen in a basecoat, clearcoat, and primer. What do I need to get?

I need to borrow a digi-cam for eBay stuff so I could grab a pic of this beast if needed.

By the way... I've got a handful of white scratches too (on my Black Cherry)... will those claybar off or do those go through the paint? They look like they can come off but they don't with wash+wax.

Thanks! I've driven old cars my whole life and never had something to keep looking good. The world is a cruel place to new cars...

· Registered
4,643 Posts
I'd recommend regular dealer touch up paint and some Langka - won't be perfect, but will definitely make it nicer.

A rock hit my side window on the highway the other day - so now I have a scratch - no idea how a rock can hit you at an angle like that...

· Registered
317 Posts
Back in November I had a guy throw a beer can at me on the freeway and it scratched up my hood-although my scratches are extremely minor and don’t sound nearly as bad as your car. I took it in to Inevitablegod and he had the detailer buff most of it out but for the part that went through the clear coat he said I could either get touch up paint or take it in and have Toyota airbrush it. I plan on getting mine done this month when I take it in to get an oil change...If I were you I’d take it into the dealer and have them airbrush it that way you wouldn't be able to tell as much as if you were to use touch up paint and you could get all of the minor scratches covered too...good as new.

· Registered
317 Posts
Well I just called to schedule mine and they said that they need to have the detailer look at it and then he would be able to tell me how much it'll cost, although I don't think it'll be much. As far as how long it will take he said about half a day because it needs time to dry. The only bad thing is that they scheduled mine for the 10th but they said that because it is done outside it has to be on a day in which it doesn't rain so it's kinda up to the weather. I'm pretty sure mine will cost less then yours but once I get it done I'll let you know what they charged me. They also told me that they won't give me a loaner for it but I can get a rental (I believe you would be able to also-as far as I know all you need is to be 18 with a license.)

· Registered
317 Posts
Originally posted by basilisk4@Jan 3 2005, 12:32 PM
Any repair that involves painting is going to get pricy...
You may very well be right. I just prefer airbrushing, it's a matter of quality and airbrushing is going to look better. However, to contradict myself if I drop it off and they call me with a price that is just too high I’ll be willing to live with the scratch and get my springs instead.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.