Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok since day one of my 05 to 06 tc trade in I have gotten the manual tranny. Recently however, for the past couple of weeks my car has been idling rough or there is a vibration coming off the engine at a complete stand still. It only happens when I am stopped completely and I am not sure what to ask the techs about when I take it in, I know that something is wrong but maybe someone could lead me in the direction of a specific problem, one idea was bad gas, but since its been happening for about 4 weeks not I am not suspecting that I have been using the same company for gas QuickTrip and they have always seemed to have good gas.

One more thing, When I take the car out of gear no matter what the speed, when my needle goes down it jumps from 750rpm tp 1500rpm and then back to 750 and then about to 1000 rpm and then back to idle range, basically its bouncing, not heavily but enough to make me wonder whats going on, didn't know if its normal (however I am pretty sure its not), but wondered too if anyone knew of something I could mention to the techs when I take it in.

Thanks guys appreciate all the help.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok well none of my other 5spds did this so I am only thinking that something is wrong cause none of my other manuals did this not even my 91 probe with 160,000 on it

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well I am dropping it off on tuesday morning so they can have it all day and see if they can't figure it out, if there is something wrong I will let all of you know immediately...thanks for you alls help

·
Registered
498 Posts
it's normal, my car dose the same, it's the drive by wire recalibrating after you let your foot of the gas or something, it's annoying, but I believe it's normal, it's just like the lag on the gas when you hit it, it dose kick the motor in for like half a second, i dont like it but i'm getting use to it...

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yup like firearm said its completely normal I test drove another tc for a day and it did the same thing, so all is well, just plain ol normal

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Originally posted by fiream@Aug 29 2005, 12:16 AM
it's normal, my car dose the same, it's the drive by wire recalibrating after you let your foot of the gas or something, it's annoying, but I believe it's normal, it's just like the lag on the gas when you hit it, it dose kick the motor in for like half a second, i dont like it but i'm getting use to it...
It's not the throttlebody. This goes away completely with a lightweight flywheel.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Originally posted by lo bux racer+Sep 3 2005, 11:12 PM-->QUOTE (lo bux racer @ Sep 3 2005, 11:12 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-fiream
@Aug 29 2005, 12:16 AM
It's not the throttlebody. This goes away completely with a lightweight flywheel. [/b]
Lance, would you say the flywheel is particularly heavy at all in the tC?

-Ed

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
It's 16 lbs 9.8 ounces according to the postal scale at my local post office. The Fidanza is 9 lbs 2.8 ounces. It's 45% lighter than the OEM flywheel.

I still think we could take 8 or 10 lbs off the crank, knife edge the counterweights, and get even less resistance to rotation, but that's a bit more work to do.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.