Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey whats up everyone, a couple of days ago i when to get my sub installed. But when the guy was done looking at it he said it was going to be a 4hr install. Is this true, so if anyone has installed a sub them selves can tell me this that would be great.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I did all of my own install. Actually took around 3 weeks to complete, but i did a complete heavy deadening job, rebuilt my doors, mounted my tweets in my a-pillars, built my sub box, ran 0 awg, tweak tweak tweak and still not really finished. I'm always tweaking the sound to make it better.

All in all, it took only a few hrs really to get amps up and going, hardest part was running my 0awg through the firewall.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
ok well it takes my 1 hour to uninstall and install everything in my car, and thats from scratch and how do I know this?

I traded in my 05 for an 06 so I had to pretend I was taking it somewhere to have the stuff removed, when I just took care of it myself

·
Registered
675 Posts
yeah 4hours isn't bad.. you wouldn't want the guy to tell you 1 hour and come back and find the car has been hacked up.. you should be happy he's taking his time.. you can always hang out and watch if they let ya..
most good shops do take their time, not for the money, but so that the customer is happy with a professional job!

·
Registered
203 Posts
took me about 3 hours total for HU, wiring (though firewall, undercarpet, through various metal supports), and sub.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
I can never grasp why people mention short install times as a point of pride. It's not a drag race-- faster does not equal better. My install was divided up over about 5 days, working several hours each day.

For an audio shop, 4 hours time to install an HU, sub and amp is not out of the question, or even unusual.

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Word. My car was stripped down to loose carpeting and a driver seat for over a week while I worked on installing my new system after work and on the weekends.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Took our time with doing my system. It's not fully in yet. You have to see how elaborate this is:

All work done by Arcane Alchemy Customs (PM Me for details):

Removed the sections of the dash:

Removed the Head Unit:

Speaker wire + Remote wire on the passenger side:

Took out EVERYTHING in the trunk - including the foam inserts:

Ran the Power cable (8 gauge) down the driver's side (Not the passenger side - power alongside audio cables will cause noise):

Closing everything up. FYI: On the piece between the seats and the trunk - don't forget the plastic piece that goes underneath the carpet (took us 45 mins wondering how to put it back on properly).

This took a couple hours because we did it very cleanly.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.