Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone figured out why the 3rd brake light is 3x longer than the actual light? It was a forum ealier this year but faded. Although I appreciate other driver's concern, I can't decide which would be worse...the left and right sides are burnt (as other drivers keep telling me) or that Scion meant to do that. It's like Bill Gates saying, "it's a feature, not a bug." Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Originally posted by prehensile@Dec 26 2005, 04:59 PM
It was a forum ealier this year but faded. Although I appreciate other driver's concern, I can't decide which would be worse...the left and right sides are burnt (as other drivers keep telling me) or that Scion meant to do that.
Uhh...I'm not sure what you're saying, but if you're asking if it's a problem, or if it's meant to be that way, it's the latter. Only the middle part of your 3rd brakelight actually lights up.

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
It's meant to only have the middle part light up. If you look on ScionLife, you'll see a post on how to change it so that you can have the whole bar light up.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Originally posted by prehensile@Dec 26 2005, 04:59 PM
It was a forum ealier this year but faded. Although I appreciate other driver's concern, I can't decide which would be worse...the left and right sides are burnt (as other drivers keep telling me) or that Scion meant to do that. It's like Bill Gates saying, "it's a feature, not a bug."
^^ Not a coherent thought. Okay, I'm done with this thread.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow...chill out.

Serious question with ignant answer. ' It's meant to be that way?' du du du!

So, if it's meant to be that way, why was it meant to be that way? I didn't mean to insult anyone...it was an honest question.

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
I think he meant "Learn how to write properly"

·
Registered
187 Posts
sorry prehensile, but your english skills suck. i dont get the analogy of bill gates, and i dont know what laguna beach has ANYTHING do to with this. slow down and organize your thoughts. your mind is everywhere. ADD perhaps.

why dont you restate your question without all that other bullsh*t you typed about other peoples concerns or comparing which two unrelated things would be worse.

those are my thoughts.

·
ex-06'er
1,116 Posts
I think he understands that it's not meant to all light up. The Bill Gates analogy is supposed to mean that Bill Gates explains a bug/something wrong with a Microsoft app by saying it's a "feature" rather than a "bug" i.e. the light not lighting up all the way is a design "feature" not a "problem"... or something. I sure as hell don't know where he's going with the Laguna Beach though...

Anyway...if anyone happens to have the link to the thread about how to light up the whole thing I'd be interested, but if not no big thing. Just don't feel like searching through a forum I've never been on (or this one for that matter) for something I don't really care that much about.

·
Registered
187 Posts
alrite, i get the bill gates thing now.
http://www.yoursciontc.com/forums/index.ph...&hl=brake+light
thats the link i think ur lookin for.

to answer prehensile question of why its like that, im guessing u should take that up with scion, cause i doubt anyone here knows what the designer was thinking.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.