Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from the KM Toyota dealership. They said $350 for the springs and install. Anyoone think that's good? My dad said I can't do better, but I don't know a good shop.

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
Could do better by going through TRD Sparks and installing yourself, but that also requires time, tools, and the willingness to try. As far as shops go, not bad.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Right... free alignment. Keep dreaming, especially if you put the springs on.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
thats a good thought. i wonder if they do include that in there. never thought to ask. i think i will when i get in to the office today.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Haha...tried to have mine aligned at toyo, their alignment rack couldn't fit 18" wheels. So no luck there. Just got it done. Boy o' boy, talk about serious changes with the trd springs. The back was seriously out and they got it in alignment, but won't be able to make further changes to the cambers in the back unless a kit comes out.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Hmm. Mine were barely out - got em perfectly aligned pretty fast (at least according to the service manual specs).

I had TRD 5-spoke 18" on my Matrix - had to go to 4 different places before I got get the car aligned - even places that had 18"-capable equipment could not do it because of the slight outward curve of the spokes. So I'm sticking to sock wheels on this one.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Originally posted by Labfish@Jan 21 2005, 11:41 AM
No stock wheels on this one
so it was harder to align. Ah well.
Should not be any more difficult in terms of alignment - as long as you can get the equipment on those wheels. What surprised me is that you need a camber kit to complete the alignment.

·
Registered
102 Posts
How much of a drop are those TRD springs? Is that the way to go?

·
Registered
102 Posts
I think I'll but them and then cut 1/4 coil off to get that extra .5 inch drop in the front. Someone on here had mentioned that...I forget who.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.