Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm looking for new staggered rims for my car, and I came across these really nice ones. They are 19's, 5x100, and they come with the tires. this is where the problem is. The front tires are 245/35/19 which i think will be fine, but the rears are 275/30/19 . That is where I am a bit skeptical. I have staggered Axis Finish's right now but i dont think the rear tires are 275's. so the question is will 275's fit on the tC? and if not, is it possible to just change the tires when i get the rims? thanks.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Not really.

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by neo-truth@Jan 8 2006, 09:53 AM
Not to derail the thread... but is there any purpose to having a fat rear tire on a front wheel drive vehicle?
mind your business if your not gonna help. alot of people have staggered rims on their tC's.

they are (19 x 8.5 front) (19 x 9.5 rear)

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Hey NY what are your plans with this setup? If it's for aesthetics it would look nice. But if this is for performance you will want to keep all the tires the same size. Otherwise you will be all over the road. If you ever look at track cars normally they keep all the tires the same size so when the car is at its limits it feels balanced and is easier to recover.

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh, its definately for aesthetics, thats why you dont see me with the supercharger, headers, or any exhausts. i just think it looks good, but im not sure that 275's would fit.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Originally posted by nY1018@Jan 8 2006, 02:08 PM
mind your business if your not gonna help. alot of people have staggered rims on their tC's.
Who pee'd in your Cheerios? I was asking an honest question in hopes of getting a factual answer. I wasn't trying to suggest that having larger wheels and tires in the rear was the most ludicrous thing I'd ever heard. I really wanted to know if there was any purpose to it besides the look. Sorry if I offended you or hijacked your thread. I'm sure your tC (and a lot of other people's) looks fine with staggered wheels.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
that hurt my feelings too! Apologize! now!
mind your business if your not gonna help. alot of people have staggered rims on their tC's.[/b]

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Originally posted by nY1018+Jan 8 2006, 11:08 AM-->QUOTE (nY1018 @ Jan 8 2006, 11:08 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-neo-truth
@Jan 8 2006, 09:53 AM
Not to derail the thread... but is there any purpose to having a fat rear tire on a front wheel drive vehicle?

they are (19 x 8.5 front) (19 x 9.5 rear) [/b]
come on, NY, that was a legitimate question. take it easy. he was actually asking to get an answer, not to f#ck with you.
shake hands and be nice.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I'm sorry if I was rude or out of line with my retort. I would've been more than willing to help with the original question if I had any idea about it. I'm pretty clueless about cars, including wheels and tires... which is mainly why I frequent these boards... If I have a question, someone usually answers it for me if I can't find it via the fabled Search button. On the off chance that I can answer someone else's question, I'm all over it and then some.

So, I apologize once again, both to ny1018 and to the rest of you who have had to read this. Last post I'm making on this thread unless I have something useful to add.

*bows and exits the room*

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LMAO, dont turn it into a sob story, i was just going on the inference that youve seen that and was just reitterating(because atleast one person brings in up whenver its mentiond). ohh well, my bad, go on with our lives...

anyway, it wont fit? so ill will stick out or sumthing?

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
+55 would clear the rear fender. Not sure about the other side of the wheel, though.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.