Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang. Good to be here. 2014 Scion TC here, 75k miles. Coolant light popped on, definitely low in the reservoir. Filled it back up and light came off, but it’s low again within 1Hr. I see liquid right below the reservoir, guessing it’s the plastic tank? Any other recommendations or tips of what to look for ?

· Registered
7 Posts
Hey gang. Good to be here. 2014 Scion TC here, 75k miles. Coolant light popped on, definitely low in the reservoir. Filled it back up and light came off, but it’s low again within 1Hr. I see liquid right below the reservoir, guessing it’s the plastic tank? Any other recommendations or tips of what to look for ?
You are going to have to track down the leak. Also check the water pump area to see if it's having a slow leak. There maybe a weeping hole on the water pump it's fine if a little coolant trail is coming from that. Also when was the last time you had your coolant system flushed? Make sure you do not mix different brands of coolant. If later you replace the coolant I recommend flushing the old stuff out with distilled water a few times and then fill with Zerex for Toyota cars. Also consider replacing the thermostat. Don't forget coolant has a limited lifetime of roughly 5 years and it will lose it's properties in protecting your engine from corroding. ... Note the plastic tank is your Coolant overflow reservoir. Your radiator is where most of your coolant is stored.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts