Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks, new here.

A manual tc was on my list, but a 07 Fit came up on the radar and I snagged it even though it had a salvage title. Bad move..

Anyway, Ive read same engine, but is a 2010 tc as reliable as camry? And are manuals worth less considering most dont know or want a manual? The one that's for sale locally must be owned by a kid considering the description and sub box in back.. First red flag. He also says its a TRD which I'm reading isn't anything special if its not a RS? 馃 156k but states "runs and drives great shifts good ac and heat both work well clean title, sunroof" Second red flag, I hear some have exploded and they all leak eventually and who wants to star gaze while driving? He's asking 4900

I'm torn. I want another manual honda fit, but manual four bangers don't come around to often.

Has anyone run a 2010 tc over 300k like the camry's?

Thanks

Registered
Pretty sure sunroof was stock in 1st gen Tc, it is in 2nd gens, and if he says it's TRD, CHECK THE BRAKES, there was a recall on the TRD brakes for the Tc 1st and 2nd gen, and if it's the original TRD package turbo, rip that shit out, they were discontinued due to reliability issues (e.g. fragging the engine) lastly check to make sure it isn't leaking and or burning oil since that is a common issue with the 1st gen

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
But the 2nd gen automatics are stupid reliable and still a fun car, no issues at all and not pigs on gas
Yeah, I don't know.. IMO automatics and reliable don't go in the same sentence.

If I were to find a TC manual where I felt the owner was responsible, I might buy it.. But my honda fit is still chugging alone considering I ride the bus to work. I finally fixed the steering rack pulling to the left by pulling the power steering fuse. Arrow straight now, and no telling how many more miles it will run before it rusts in half.

Does the tc sunroof open, or is it just a piece of glass?

Registered

If I were to find a TC manual where I felt the owner was responsible, I might buy it.. But my honda fit is still chugging alone considering I ride the bus to work. I finally fixed the steering rack pulling to the left by pulling the power steering fuse. Arrow straight now, and no telling how many more miles it will run before it rusts in half.

Toyota automatic transmission are very good, and the 2nd gen 6 speed is fantastic. If you just do your research, you will see that the manuals have had issues in the past, but the automatics have almost never, ever had any issues, as long as you know that the fluid has been changed around the 120k km and it should be good for another 100k-120k km, they're as maintenance free as you will find in terms of transmissions. bar none. As they were engineered to handle much higher loads and stresses, than the vehicle can deliver. Aside from driving it like an absolute idiot and mashing the brake pedal every day, the ECU will prevent you from damaging the transmission even when in the Gear select/semi-auto mode as well as with the fact that the ECU learns and adapts to your driving style to be as power/fuel-efficient as possible.

Registered

The sunroof over driver and passenger does open, with a button, moonroof above rear passenger seats does not open

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Toyota automatic transmission are very good, and the 2nd gen 6 speed is fantastic. If you just do your research, you will see that the manuals have had issues in the past, but the automatics have almost never, ever had any issues, as long as you know that the fluid has been changed around the 120k km and it should be good for another 100k-120k km, they're as maintenance free as you will find in terms of transmissions. bar none. As they were engineered to handle much higher loads and stresses, than the vehicle can deliver. Aside from driving it like an absolute idiot and mashing the brake pedal every day, the ECU will prevent you from damaging the transmission even when in the Gear select/semi-auto mode as well as with the fact that the ECU learns and adapts to your driving style to be as power/fuel-efficient as possible.
Thanks for that.. I changed out the fluid on my old 95 camry wagon one quart at a time through the cooler line years ago. I gave it to my daughter after the divorce and still miss that car. Can you do that with the TC?
But after hearing about the automatics behind the cummins 12 valves, went for the five speed and 3.54.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts