Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all

I went to dealership on saturday, the salesman said i will probably have to wait a month because they will have to order a tc for me. he called me today and said they have one for me that they got from the port. but theres about 200 miles on it because they drove it from the port. has anyone else been in this situation.

i guess my concern is that I just don't want it to be a car that someone bought and then returned or one that has been test driven the hell out of.

did anyone buy a tc recently? what's a recent VIN number? i want to compare it to this one that im suppose to pick up tomorrow morning.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
If a car has under 1k miles it's considered new. Where do you live? They should truck the cars there from the port.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They should truck the cars there from the port.[/b]
Yeah, thats what i thought, so it should have very,very little mileage on it.

so i did some investigating. I have the VIN so i called scion customer service and asked them to look it up. turns out that the car is from another dealership in CT. I used map quest and the distance is a little over 200 miles.

why did the salesman have to BS about it. he should have just told me they got it from another dealership.

if there has never been a previous registered owner it is new.[/b]
Scion said theres no record of any previous owner.

I'm in the clear. GETTING A TC TOMORROW MORNING YAY!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Congrats, man. Good choice.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Good job with the research. Switching cars between dealers is a common thing.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Great job doing the research on your own! Chances are, the salesman you spoke to didn't know the answer to your question, so he made something up. How often are cars driven from port to the dealership? Unfortunately not all salesmen can be as cool as damon and mickael.

Welcome to the club!

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
no, you misunderstood neo-truth. it came off a truck (at another dealer) and drove 206 miles (to a dealer near him). all cars are dropped at dealers, or the dealer's storage lot (in our case).
in this case, if i was you, i would kick your rep's face in. simply because i cannot tolerate lying. then i would fly to sacramento and get my car from moriarty.

·
Registered
224 Posts
my tC had 135 miles on it because they had to get it from MD... I was a little wierd about but then I figuered who cares I'll be adding alot more to it
lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.