Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
nope, the fact of the matter is that the tc is basicly tuned as well as it can be n/a from the factory. you can make minimal hp gains with bolt on goodies, but make it sound a whole lot better. the only big improvement you can make with out forced industion is a lightned flywheel, it doesnt actually make hp but it alows the power you already have to work more freely. bottum line big power = big turbo
big turbo =- big money

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
i guess i shoulda got a civic si, smaller engine more hp[/b]
Good idea. Sell your tC and go buy that SI.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im just asking to see if its possible to get 200 hp with out getting boosted with turbo or super charger, cuz a friend of mine works at a performance shop here in detroit and says its possible to get bolt ons(headers,intake,cat back exaust) and do some engine management and ecu flash to it up to 200 hp, i didnt think it was possible either thats y i was asking....i know the si can do it cuz it redlines at 8k rpm

·
Registered
241 Posts
lol im with igod on this one if you dont like a car with lots of torque then go get ur honda and quit complaining. have fun with 85 ftlbs of torque!

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
hahaha, well the 2008 si has 197 si, so with bolt ons im sure you can reach 200 :D

·
Registered
366 Posts
QUOTE (Mr. Deep @ May 5 2009, 03:18 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=466602
QUOTE (bluesciontc @ May 5 2009, 02:15 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=466600
No Way Jose[/b]
but but but all the sites show that the injen intake adds 9 hp, the megan header adds like 7 and the catback adds another 10! that's 26 more hp right there!!!!

---edit----

AND they're all DYNO PROVEN!
[/b][/quote]

And if you put the stickers on your car that come in the boxes you get even more hp! :clap:

·
Registered
411 Posts
QUOTE (metalranger33 @ May 6 2009, 02:37 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=466808
these threads make me laugh....ricer math at it's best...on a side note, with full bolt on's the tc reached 150-160 whp on dyno??? i dont remember[/b]
aren't we 162 stock?

·
Registered
11,881 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Well here. I reserched a little and since i'm crazy enough to open my engine since i did it on my buddy's cobalt. You can get 200 whp but not just bolt ons. no turbo or supercharger but you can buy some internals for like 800 and do the labor yourself. I'm doing it so we'll see how it turns out. by the end of the summer i'll have forged pistons, cams, rods and flash that baby so it revs to 7500 rpm. there is a way with no turbo but you'd have to be crazy like me to open your engine.

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
Actually, that's one of the worst intake manifolds... I'll keep the stock one.

Aluminum isn't great at preventing heat transfer... not to mention that anything shiny attracts heat like crazy. If you've ever noticed, heat shields are always the shiniest part under the engine bay for a stock vehicle. If I was going to install an intake manifold I'd have to have a substantially port + polished head... then the manifold would be made out of inconel or mold injection (plastic) and in black. Otherwise you are just killing performance.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts