Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I have a question. I have a 2009 scion tc which I've only had for 2 years and just recently noticed since it's fall that all of my windows on the inside are wet or frosty depending how cold it gets over night. Does anyone else have or had that problem. I don't know if I need knew seals or what. Also have a leak in the trunk on the right side only. Had to take the back seat out cause it was so wet

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi everyone. I have a question. I have a 2009 scion tc which I've only had for 2 years and just recently noticed since it's fall that all of my windows on the inside are wet or frosty depending how cold it gets over night. Does anyone else have or had that problem. I don't know if I need knew seals or what. Also have a leak in the trunk on the right side only. Had to take the back seat out cause it was so wet
Water inside on the glass is caused by condensation (warmer inside the car and colder outside). Of course the amount of water on the glass depends on how much moisture is inside the air in the car (including any moisture on and in the carpets and seats). Most instance this is normal with high moisture content in the air during fall and winter, especially if the car is parked outside instead of garaged. When you open the trunk, check the rain gully to see if you have dirt or leaves on top or along next to the rubber seal that can cause water to overflow. Check the rubber seal for any damages, cracks, or separation, and use silicone sealant to fix.

·
Registered
29 Posts
No. Still have frost on the inside of my windows. Trunk has been pretty wet when it rains. I know there's a leak just can't find it yet
May want to try using a water hose, and water from the top roof of the car to simulate rain on roof and allow water to run down behind the hatch. Not to much water and only enough from the top down and not on the glass or trunk edges, but enough that it runs down both ends of the trunk from the top. let it drain along the sides for about 10 - 15 seconds and then open the trunk and see if you can see where it is leaking.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
May want to try using a water hose, and water from the top roof of the car to simulate rain on roof and allow water to run down behind the hatch. Not to much water and only enough from the top down and not on the glass or trunk edges, but enough that it runs down both ends of the trunk from the top. let it drain along the sides for about 10 - 15 seconds and then open the trunk and see if you can see where it is leaking.
I'll try that and see what happens

1 - 7 of 7 Posts