Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 Scion tC and it will start and idle but doesn't respond to me pushing on the gas pedal. We plugged in an ECU and the only codes we got were C1238 C1329 C0215 C0210 and C1249 None of which seem to have anything to do with acceleration. Any help would be greatly appreciated I would rather not take it to a shop as I am strapped on cash!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have you checked the Throttle Cable (from accelerator pedal to the throttle on the engine to make sure it's not broken?).
Also, I would think that the Throttle Position sensor could be part of the picture here.
I have a 2005 TC, so it may be a bit different... but looked in the 2005 Toyota/Scion factor service manual for those codes.
All of the codes you listed are Chassis Codes (for things like wheel speed sensors for ABS, and open stop light circuit.
I find it odd that a vehicle would have so many chassis codes set.
Did you check your scan tool to make sure you are reading ECU codes correctly through the OBD port?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually had a friend that had a scanner so he came over and did it but I believe we had the correct port. I will check the cable and see about the sensor when its a little less snowy. thank you

1 - 3 of 3 Posts