Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It’s time. Oil change, check. Install new brake pads, check. Tools, check. Jack and jack stands, check. Clothes and racing gear, check. Valentine 1, check. Gas, check. Tire pressures, check. Drivers, check. Video camera to give all of you a beautiful view of America, check. The journey has officially begun to the start of the Tire Rack One Lap of America… to South Bend, IN we go. After a grueling past two days getting everything situated, it’s good to be able to sigh and relax a little before the start of the event. There are a few small items we need to pick up on the way, but no show stoppers.</p>

As I expected, anxiety has been replaced by excitement and the sound of petrol being turned into hydrocarbons is music to the ears. Who needs music when you have the sound of the road? I can’t wait to see what America has in store for me, as I am visiting many states I have never been and several I haven’t been to in quite some time.</p>

The current plan is to drive all night from Auburn, AL (our home base) to South Bend, IN (Tire Rack HQ) with the passenger getting as much sleep as possible. Tomorrow is going to be a long day with final preparations and orientation ahead of us. We will be placing the vinyl on the car designating the event sponsor, event, and our vehicle number tomorrow as well as placing the vehicle through tech inspection. Once that is done orientation and the dinner party will start with everyone heading for a early nights rest. We will be staying at the Quality Inn for both of our nights in South Bend (start and finish), so hopefully the beds are comfortable.</p>

Expect a flood of pictures and possibly some video tomorrow, and I can’t wait to see some of you Friday and Saturday!</p>

View the full article

·
Destroyer of Cones
7,075 Posts
Definitely looking forward to the pics and video. I dont think you are passing through here after WI, but if you are are, let me know ! If you pass through at time I am not at work, I can possibly heat up the grill and throw something on it

Godspeed!

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, apparently H.A.R.T. Has withdrawn their civic si. I am happy and sad at the same time

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.