Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not really going to build the car as much as repair, replace and up grade. The car is in generally good shape. I thought it was stock but I think it's been lowered. It sits low.

On the list:
electric fan replacement
I need the sockets for the front turn signals. Not sure why they are gone.
New front lower control arms
Figure the clutch pedal issue out
New headlight assys for both sides. Fogged over pretty bad.
Derp hood flat black
Change rear glass tint
Tires next spring
Brushed copper wheels at some point
Header and exhaust

There's seems to be a little valve clatter under a load. Needs an oil change so ill do that this weekend and see if that helps. Along with spark plugs air filter and check the gear box oil.
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Wheel Land vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle
Automotive parking light Car Automotive side-view mirror Wheel Tire

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Been running back and forth to work. Just about 20 miles each way. Car rides ok, needs an alignment I think. Tires before too long. Just kind of dealing with the clutch issue until this weekend. I think I have figured out that it needs a vvt cam gear. The sound is what I'm getting on you tube for the cold start rattle but this is when I'm driving. Not on acceleration but just cruising with a little throttle. So ill change that in the future.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Changed plugs and oil today. Plugs were junk so im sure that was hurting mpg as well as the tires having 20 lb each. I put 40 in them and the car seems much happier after that. I'm going to try to suss out the clutch issue this weekend sometime. May just have to start from the beginning and pull it all out and bench bleed it but the damn master cylinder is crammed way up in there so well see.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For anyone watching. I joined a couple scion pages on FB and a guy pointed me towards the clutch rod. There is a clevis/bushing that screws onto the push rod and pins onto the clutch pedal. It has a rubber bushing incased in a flimsy metal housing thing. That rubber is worn out and basically wobbles and gets bound up. The PO tried messing with it because its adjusted all the way out but still doesn't fully engage when pressed so you have to push it to the floor to get the clutch to move. Ill change it out next weekend.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What's up boys and girls. I started the day with just piddling around and wanting to put a new coat of black on the wheels to make them look a little better. In my travels I found the front passenger brake caliper is somewhat frozen up. I could push the piston in and it came back out against the rotor but the outside is not getting full contact. Only about an inch or so of the top of the pad is making contact. The inside pad is making full contact and I have good brakes but ill be replacing both front calipers in the near future. along with all rotors and pads all I'm not going to jump on it today. Tue scary part was find the drivers side tie rod loose and the cotter pin holding the castle nut on by a the skin of its teeth. The threads were boogered up so that cot replaced today. Took it out onto the highway and that little buzz in the steering wheel is hone so that's good.

Still.left to do is both front lower control arms, clutch clevis thingy and front turn signals. I need the sockets for them and I'm having a tough time finding the right ones.

Hope y'all had a good weekend.

·
Registered
2007 Scion TC 2.4L automatic
48 Posts
White Automotive tire Bicycle tire Motor vehicle Hood
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood

Would you know what exactly this wire/harness goes to & purpose?

Bought it from used & it's a rebuilt/salvaged title. Previous owner/s absolutely have no idea what they were doing to the vehicle.

The wife bought it without my consultation & ok. So I told her she's going to be paying for any & all repairs/fixes.

The transmission doesn't shift into 5th gear & in doing so the engine & rpms have to stay under 5 thousand rpms. So we don't drive on highways at all. Just on streets as the daily.

The hit/collision was dealt at the front left passenger wheel/quarter panel.

Car runs. Just the not shifting into 5yh gear at highway speeds 50mph & higher.

Would it be the camshaft sensor, crank shaft sensor

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, if youre interested, I recently got a header, and its a bit much for me. Its cold up here, and I sit in alot of traffic.

If you're interested, I can sell it to ya. Its a Megan Racing header. About 120 miles on it. I will include O2 sensor defouler.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts