Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
I think the ads are really, really cheesy. The whole thing about embracing, "your fast."

The upcoming Scirocco has my attention though, if it really is a hatch/3-door with VR6, 4Motion and DSG.

-Ed

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
i dig it, i have to go take it for a spin. i cant stand the stock wheels though, and the main issue i have with it is its Volkswagon namesake. I cant bring myself to look past the horrible experiences of friends and family and this brand

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by Ericgladden55@Feb 18 2006, 08:20 PM
i dig it, i have to go take it for a spin. i cant stand the stock wheels though, and the main issue i have with it is its Volkswagon namesake. I cant bring myself to look past the horrible experiences of friends and family and this brand
i thought they were a pretty reliable car maker....or not?

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Don't forget the questionable styling. That wierd chrome strip on the middle part of the bumper looks very, very out of place to me.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Originally posted by sciontc1990@Feb 18 2006, 07:31 PM
What do you guys think about the new 2006 Volkswagon GTI? I think it is one hell of a fast car and not bad looking either. Its funny how on the website it says that the 6 speed automatic/ triptronic, is faster then the 6 speed manual!!

Anyways i just wanted to know what you guys all thought about it.

http://www.vw.com/gti/index.html
How does that thing weigh 3,300lbs?????

·
Registered
200 Posts
Originally posted by Azrael@Feb 19 2006, 07:41 AM
Don't forget the questionable styling. That wierd chrome strip on the middle part of the bumper looks very, very out of place to me.
The GTI has black instead of chrome IIRC.

·
Registered
28 Posts
After my Passat experience, I'm going to wait and analyze the reliability data before I jump on another.

Not bad cars when they aren't in the shop, though.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i have to say i went to the VW dealership today to test drive a GTI, and i drove the automatic with DSG. And damnnn that car is very quick, i was surprised with the acceleration it had for an automatic. The when you use the triptronic shifting its even quicker...very impressed with the new engine.

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
shoot i enjoyed driving the last model, but i emphasize the word "driving". not waiting for it to be serviced, or calling for parts to be shipped, or dealing with sh!tty customer service when there is an issue. there are many a reason i own hondas and toyotas and one large one is the ownership experience. "all things being equal" im sure its a great ride, but in the real world all things arent

·
Premium Member
1,691 Posts
My fast can beat up your fast!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.