Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
I think it's pretty sexy.. go with your gut.. it has some accessories so that adds to the price a little

·
Registered
872 Posts
Sounds like a good deal.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
used car dealer eh
definitely get it!
as mori said, the car is worth more like 18k+ in the used market
but beware of those stuff that they might not tell u

thats a BSP right?
somehow it just looked more like a really bad chop of the BSP tryin to make it silver/white o_O

·
Registered
204 Posts
All I can say is carfax.....make sure nothing hidden is happening. Odo rollback or disconnect is possible. Yes 2006....yes upgrades.....price from a used car lot...fishy....
look at the tires for measureable wear and tear and check all fluids for black oil or something amiss. But the carfax should tell any insurance claims if they were legitimately coded correctly. You could get screwed with a once wrecked and repaired and odo disconnect for lease type vehicle.

Good deal just be careful.

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Deal - go for it. But definitely yes, check the VIN number on carfax first.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Definitely get a Carfax report on it. See if the dealer will do it for you (they probably have a subscription or whatever). I drove my VW Golf around for 3 or 4 years... my dad bought it used from someone locally. When I tried to trade it in for my tC, the dealer ran a Carfax and only offered me $300 for it... it had a junk/salvage title in 2 other states and we had no clue (the Virginia title was clean... I still haven't figured that out). He said he couldn't sell it, that they would just take it to auction. Guess where the used car dealerships get most of their cars?

If the car is clean... that seems like a helluva price. You'd be paying at least $2-3k more for that vehicle new... or even more used. A lot of tC's sell for more used than the new MSRP, which is weird. So that price on a used one seems like a steal. Just do your research... you won't regret it.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Get a compression test.

·
Ironhead
12,859 Posts
thats a flint mica. and a f#cking great price on one. moriarty wants you to "scatch" it up, i would say you should "snatch" it up. i dont know what scatch means.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.